• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Going to St. Louis in early Oct

ZRS88

Wife and I are coming up to St. Louis for a weekend trip in early Oct. Going to have time to play one course on Sunday morning before we leave. What would be the top course in the area any of you would suggest? We are coming up from Arkansas so I'll be riding 55 up. We are staying in the Soulard area so if any good courses around there would be great.

Jefferson Barracks is probably going to be your best bet. Some people may argue against it for top course title, but it's in the top 5 in the area and fairly close to Soulard. Other honorable mentions would be Carrolton, Sioux Passage and New Melle, but those are not going to be as close.

JB usually has a random draw dubs nooner on Sundays, just a heads up.

St. Louis has a blessing/curse in that it has a lot of very good disc golf courses but no great course, so if you pick one of the very good ones you are fine. JB is fine. Endicott is fine. Sioux Passage is fine. Carrolton is probably the best in the area right now, but not by so much that if you went to JB instead you missed a bunch.

Last edited:
In terms of proximity, traffic, quality of course, ease of navigation, etc. JB is the best option for you, then Endicott.
If you had more time, I would recommend Logan then Carrollton.

Thanks for the info! I wish I had more time but our whole Saturday is packed. Coming up for an Oktoberfest so just have that Sunday morning before we head back. But this gives me some courses to try when we come back up.

St. Louis has a blessing/curse in that it has a lot of very good disc golf course but no great course, so if you pick one of the very good ones you are fine. JB is fine. Endicott is fine. Sioux Passage is fine. Carrolton is probably the best in the area right now, but not by so much that if you went to JB instead you missed a bunch.

Carrolton is the best in the area???? Good god...

ZRS88, what day specifically will you be playing? I live about 4 miles from the course, so if the dates and times work out, I'd happily show you around.

Latest posts