• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Gold Line?

remember2morrow

Eagle Member
Heard a lot of hype, considering picking up a couple. Any suggestions on models? For reference, I throw an XL on the fairway and a Nuke for max distance.

The bolts are slightly understable and fast. Great disc for anyone.

I throw nukes also and now I'm falling more and more in love with my halo everyday!! Also I just picked up a GL river and it just may be knocking my eagle out of the bag!

If you are throwing the XL and want something similar to an X XL, try a GL River.

Definitely the river. That seems to be the most popular Lat 64 mold and will fly similar to your XL.

I'm starting to love my pink colorshift Halo round after round. It's starting to take the place of my echo star boss! ahuh

I have an Opto Halo, Opto Bolt, Opto Striker, and Gold Line River. I'd say these are the best of the Lat64 line-up. Try to get a flatter Halo and Striker if you have the option.

Here's what I don't get: All the puntas on this forum that complain that Lat64 costs too much/twice as much as other plastics. I buy from regular businesses( pro shops, Marshall Street, Altitude, stores like those) and it's typically the same prices as other brands.

6391985355_22d62655fa_z.jpg

Hell Yes!

After reading thread after thread quite a few months ago about Latitude 64 discs I finally broke down and ordered a bunch from MS. Out of the 7 molds I got 3 of them are now in the bag. I carry a GL Vision, GL River, and the Opto Striker. Their Goldline plastic in my opinion is more durable and grippier than Star or ESP and Opto is as good if not better than its counterparts. You really can't go wrong with Lat because if you end up not liking something getting rid of its not a problem.

striker for sure...little faster than a fairway driver but can fill that stable straight driver role

If people are suggesting Striker,,,go with the flow instead. Flow is basically a faster striker with more glide. Identical numbers for fade and turn.

If people are suggesting Striker,,,go with the flow instead. Flow is basically a faster striker with more glide. Identical numbers for fade and turn.

The Flow tends to fall off people's radars because the River/Striker crowd is so big (and rightfully so). If you're rocking that combo, the Flow tends to overlap a bit. Personally, I love my Flow. My local courses are very wooded and technical, so all my "overlap" discs still get some fairway time depending on what I need. Where my Striker goes straight out and fades at the end, my Flow glides into a slight turn and just comes out of it so long and slow. It's a thing of beauty when you hit it right. It's like going to the bathroom in the morning after a waterfall dream. Just when you think it's done, it manages to just keep going. So satisfying. Maybe that's why it's called the Flow... Sneaky Swedes...

Heavy GL Fuse might be the best disc they make. Just a great finesse mid. Pain, River, Vision and Striker are great too depending on what you are looking for. I haven't thrown the faster discs enough to comment. Opto XXX is a tremendous OH and utility disc. I have yet to damage the Opto plastic.

I have an Opto Halo, Opto Bolt, Opto Striker, and Gold Line River. I'd say these are the best of the Lat64 line-up. Try to get a flatter Halo and Striker if you have the option.

Here's what I don't get: All the puntas on this forum that complain that Lat64 costs too much/twice as much as other plastics. I buy from regular businesses( pro shops, Marshall Street, Altitude, stores like those) and it's typically the same prices as other brands.

2nded

Love the River, have Opto and Goldline. Just got a Flow, Fuse, Halo and Blitz. The Flow and Fuse are in the bag for sure, not sure about the Halo or Blitz yet, need more throws with them.

I would suggest a River to almost anyone!

Latest posts