• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Golden State Classic Disc???????

richardmmill

Birdie Member
Anyone play in the Golden State Classic 2007? I got a black champion something in a mass trade from a buddy. The stamp is worn off but the shadow is still there. Its the Golden State Classic 2007 in La Mirada. I know its a driver. I haven't even gotten out to throw it to see what it throws like. Looks similar to a champion sidewinder I have but not close enough. Anybody know what disc(s) it could be?

Went out a threw it for a while. Pretty darn overstable. So I think you guys might be right. I just don't have an xCaliber to compare it too until I get the star xCaliber I know my brother-in-law got me for Christmas:)

OK the tourny was in May 2007 I was just thinking that it was before the xcal came out...

They brought the 1st ones out to Emerald Isle's tournament in March of 08' so I'm pretty sure Xcal isn't the disc. Of you guys really want to know I can call the guy who TD'd that year but he's my ex's dad. lol

Last edited:
If its not an xcal then its something over stable because of that fat lip rim it has.

Maybe a star firebird or max maybe even a monster.

But damn that profile looks like an xcal

I know its not a monster or a max. i have had a lot of monsters and currently carry a max now and they are just way flatter in the flight plate. I don't know teerexs very well, but thats what I think it might be. So I am waiting to see if scooter says anything.

I dont think its a teerex. the teerex has a slightly more rounded edge on the top of the flight plate unlike the xcal and the bottom of the rim isnt as tall looking as your pic

I almost want to say Max but I don't know when it came out and if not the Teerex actually seems like a legit answer if it isn't madly overstable.

Yeah It isn't a Monster for sure since it cam out in 03' I think.

Anyway I will ask Dave D on the PDGA board and post the answer later.

Latest posts