• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

GoobyPls 2020 ITB

GoobyPls

Double Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Some substantial changes from last year. I'm playing more woods golf lately, which means slower discs are more important than before.

175g Paige Pierce Deputy - US woods shots
174g EMac Mercy - Basically the disc beginners are looking for when they want a disc that "goes straight and doesn't curve at the end." Got this as a gift last year and it's found a home as a laser straight putter for woods shots.
175g Eclipse Halloween Envy - Straight to fade putter drives
175g Garrett Gurthie Star Sonic - running long putts, patent pending backhands that need to turn over
175h Classic Blend Warden - Putting putter. Grippy without being floppy

172g VIP Tursas - understable mid
175g C-Line MD - This will be replacing my McPro Roc3's this year. Glides much better than the McPro does. I took this out of the bag arbitrarily last season as part of a mold minimalization effort. I shouldn't have.
175g Glow Champ Roc3 - Straight to fade mid drives
175g Glow C-Line MD4 Crested Falcon - Overstable mid drives. You could argue this overlaps with my Tournament Harp, but this has much more glide.
173g Soft Harp - Approach disc. This thing gets thrown more than anything else in my bag outside my Warden. I'd be lost without it
175 Tournament Harp - Approach disc. When I need more ground play than the Soft Harp will give me

174g Gold Line River - Replacing my old lighter Moonshine one. Roller disc, backhand turnovers in the woods
175g Opto-X Chameleon River - Straight to fade fairway drives
175g Cosmic Neutron Volt - Overstable fairway drives
175g Halo Star Firebird - Overstable utility disc. This goes in and out of the bag with a flatter Star FB. The Halo Star one has much more dome and goes a little farther

157g Gold Line Sapphire - Max distance (flip up/ turnover) forehands, straight to fade distance backhands, max uphill backhands. Love this thing.
154g Plasma Insanity - Max distance backhands

Damn that's 17 discs, with 15 different molds. Yikes. That's part of the problem with throwing premium plastic just once or twice a week. I can't really cycle anything to help minimize molds.

Latest posts