• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Good alternative for a leopard ??

A flat understable fairway? I doubt it.

I think you need to get a gummy leopard and dig your thumb into the flight plate and pinch forward so it feels like you have a real grip on it. I find it works with the pro and some glow leopards. Others are too stiff.

I'm not a fan of domey discs at all but my GL Rivers are still comfortable in my hand. I also think that I overlook it due to the fact that once you throw the River and see what it can do the dome isn't a concern. I throw 170 GL's and they do it all, a true workhorse of a fairway driver.

I don't recall my X XLs having much dome. Nor do I on my Pro Leos. I do notice it on the champs.

I'm not a fan of domey discs at all but my GL Rivers are still comfortable in my hand. I also think that I overlook it due to the fact that once you throw the River and see what it can do the dome isn't a concern. I throw 170 GL's and they do it all, a true workhorse of a fairway driver.

i love all my rivers, GL/opto/domey/flat

I love my opaque Champ Leopard. If I was going to carry one disc for a round on a hard course it would be the leopard. It does it all.

So right now my fairway slot bridging my buzzz looks like this 12x Tbird/star Tbird/dx Tbird/ and 168 champ leopard. Im super stoked on the tbirds but not really digging the feel of the leopard or the flight so much. Im looking for a good hyzer flip, turnover fairway. The (super beat)dx Tbird did pretty good for this but now its just a roller. Any suggestions?

The Gazelle will be a little more stable that the Leo and the Cheetah will be a little less stable.
The rim/wing on these two discs looks and feels a lot like the Tbird.
The Leo has a much different wing.
The big problem is that the Gazelle and Cheetah are only mass-produced in DX. You can get them in Star or Champ from DiscGolfValues.com and at the Innova Factory Store.
End thread\

Hmm maybe I'll give the river a try. I've never thrown any lat 64 exception the pure. Also I heard a couple people say tl? Would that just be like my broke in star teebird?

. So I'm looking for something that will hold that sweet hyzer flips down tunnel shots and nice buttery annhyzers that compliments my tbirds. Based on the reasonings why I feel the leopard is not for me do y'all think the flow is a good choice?

smurf blue 170g esp flx buzz does all of that out of the box holds any line. for whatever reason the blue ones ive seen are better not sure why,

I can't recommend the River enough. Get the gold line though. They have more glide (which is where sidewinding went wrong testing vs opto.) and again red colorshift for turnovers, I think these only come heavy. And a 167-171 domey one for straight, I honestly prefer the gold color ones. They seem to be the best color for straight shots of all the ones ive tried. Multiple colors and numerous golds.

Domey rivers feel better to me than leopards. And I'm not knocking the leopard. My first ace was with one. They are great discs. I just like the Rivers more. I've let like 15 people try mine. I'm pretty sure all have purchased a river before the next round. Especially after seeing me tearing them up.

They are also surprisingly awesome at short placement thumbers and FH touch shots.

I'm going to go back on
My jls comment and say eagle L
As said above it is prett much a straight shooter out of the box with a touch of understabity
They tune into a great hyzer flip disc after some seasoning but still keep he fade at the end

I would only replace my leopards with other leopards. My Leo line up is 175 2nd run ce 9/10 - hard straight and still finish left gently, 175 8-9/10 proline leopard - handles quite a bit of snap and turns up and finishes straight, 175 6-7/10 se Leo - release little hyzer and slow turns the whole way. This is all of course without any wind, being from west Texas usually there are more factors that go into the shot.

smurf blue 170g esp flx buzz does all of that out of the box holds any line. for whatever reason the blue ones ive seen are better not sure why,

Yeah buzzz's are great for that. I have a few and love them for anything around the 250-300 range. Im talking more around the 350 slot tho

I can't recommend the River enough. Get the gold line though. They have more glide (which is where sidewinding went wrong testing vs opto.) and again red colorshift for turnovers, I think these only come heavy. And a 167-171 domey one for straight, I honestly prefer the gold color ones. They seem to be the best color for straight shots of all the ones ive tried. Multiple colors and numerous golds.

Domey rivers feel better to me than leopards. And I'm not knocking the leopard. My first ace was with one. They are great discs. I just like the Rivers more. I've let like 15 people try mine. I'm pretty sure all have purchased a river before the next round. Especially after seeing me tearing them up.

They are also surprisingly awesome at short placement thumbers and FH touch shots.

Nice man! Even it doesn't replace my leopard slot I think im definitely gonna order some PD these. They sound sick and seem to have allot of hype on here. Is the red colorshift just a color choice in the gold line mold?

What am I now, the tenth person telling you that the River is a great disc to fill the slot where your Leo once resided. Goldline or Opto, you can't go wrong. The stability is going to increase with dome and weight, the rest is up to you.

Latest posts