• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Good and easy to control putter

Can't go wrong with trying one of the big 3: Aviar, Wizard or Magnet. Of those, I think the Aviar is probably the best choice if you're looking for really easy to control, the Aviar putt and approach (beadless) will hold any kind of line you want inside putting distance.

Can't go wrong with trying one of the big 3: Aviar, Wizard or Magnet. Of those, I think the Aviar is probably the best choice if you're looking for really easy to control, the Aviar putt and approach (beadless) will hold any kind of line you want inside putting distance.

Says a man who can't pick b/w his 6 putters.;)

You're gonna get a million different answers and ^ is pretty sound advice but I personally represent the SS Warlock. :D

Says a man who can't pick b/w his 6 putters.;)

Fair enough, though 4 of them are various molds/plastics of aviars for drives and approaches, the other two are identical SSS wizards for putting, it's not like I carry 6 different putters.

Fair enough, though 4 of them are various molds/plastics of aviars for drives and approaches, the other two are identical SSS wizards for putting, it's not like I carry 6 different putters.

I'm just having a go at you, I've been wanting a good putter for drives and long approaches for awhile now but can't make up my mind.

my approach and drive putter is the soft wizard. man you can do some work with that disc. DEAD straight approaches, s approaches,anhyzer ,drives, windy approaches. it handles it all:D

my approach and drive putter is the soft wizard. man you can do some work with that disc. DEAD straight approaches, s approaches,anhyzer ,drives, windy approaches. it handles it all:D
Get off your Lord of the Rings kick, Gandolf the Cannot Putt.

:p

The only real answer to this question is to say there is no answer. The best thing you can do is get your hands on as many putters as possible and narrow it down to the few that feel the best in your hand. Then take those and actually throw them...many, many times. Now narrow those down to your favorite two or three and buy them. Use them for a while and see which one you gravitate towards...there's your go-to putter.

The only real answer to this question is to say there is no answer. The best thing you can do is get your hands on as many putters as possible and narrow it down to the few that feel the best in your hand. Then take those and actually throw them...many, many times. Now narrow those down to your favorite two or three and buy them. Use them for a while and see which one you gravitate towards...there's your go-to putter.

You're wrong, the answer is Polecat. Always Polecat.

all i can say is I love my rhyno. throws on a b-line for drives. i can't control it as well as my spyder for longer technical approaches but it is super stable for me on the putts. I like the pro plastic. not as soft enough to be floppy like the ju-ju but stays grippy. otherwise i agree with dunksmooth, it's how i found what works for me and will probably be how i find what works better. good luck

Hydra. It is my new found love. R-Pro, it just fits so good in the hand and like to find the chains.

I'll second that, and add to check the flight chart to compare them.

everyone has a favorite and usually says a similar disc is worthless,,,
nothing substitutes practice ( with a wizard )
lol

"Control" and comfort.

"Control" comes with comfort in my opinion. It seems that for any line, technique, and distance there are countless discs that can accomplish the job. Try different putters, find the one that feels most comfortable to you. This all depends on the size of your hands and how you like to putt (hyzer, anhyzer, straight, drop, weird?)

So thats my opinion.

I've been wanting a good putter for drives and long approaches for awhile now but can't make up my mind.

Latitude 64 gripline spike. Excellent control drive/approach putter. 200' dead straight with fade in the inches...can be overpowered on FH though....but not automatic.

The Discraft beginner set comes with a Soft APX (as opposed to a Magnet) I've never thrown a Magnet but I also own an Aviar, and I prefer the APX. The Aviar isn't a bad disc by any means though. I just like the feel of the APX and if I happen to power into the chains it may flex a little and fall in my favor!

I just started playing a month or so ago so sometimes it's good to hear from a fello n00b.

\/\/

I just started and my first putter was a magnet. Love it. I picked up a soft magnet, a bit heavier, and that has become my go to putter. I make so many more putts with it, confidence level sky high. I agree every putter will feel different to each person. Find some locals on your course and they may let you try their putters on the practice basket. That way you're not spending the money on putters that don't work for your throwing style. I also tried the Omega Super Soft and really liked that as well.

Ah! a dude with common sense.

This is what I did. I tried Aviars (big Yuk!), Polecat (don't tell anyone), Birdies, Aeros, gumputt, Rhyno, Challenger FLX, and a couple of others I forgot the names of.

I now hold to the Challenger at less than 50 feet or if I need a late break hyzer and the Aero for over 50 feet and an annie.

It is what worked for me.

It was not a big investment either. I have friends who would let me use them for awhile. That allowed me to try before I buy.

Latest posts