• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Good starting set of discs?

lol eric. i love the skeeter btw. that would be a good disc to practice with. it is the first straight flying disc ive had and is really nice now that im starting to learn how to throw it correctly.

i always tell my friends who are beginning to go ahead and get a xcaliber for sidearms/flicks and a desteroyer for backhand throws in a heavier weight like 175 until they get the hang of lighter differently stabled discs.

-trev

Heavier discs are for people with more armspeed. As are more overstable discs. Give a beginner a Destroyer and watch it go out about 150, make a 90 degree left hand turn, and fall to the ground like a stone.

for sure ... starting out using discs too fast and overstable for me set me back a quite bit in progress. Its like trying to learn how to ride a motorcycle on a hayabusa.

I am perfectly fine with the skeeter as my mid range disc for now. I can get great approach with it.

Everyone is saying the tee-bird so that might be the next addition I make. The Velocity I bought was used/old and very flimsy.

The Valkyrie is another disk I was interested in but heard it was very similar to the beast

Until you can throw mids and or putters on hyzers lines, anny lines, and dead straight out to 200 dont buy anything its not worth it. disc golf is highly addicting and very pricey when you just keep buying stuff over and over...

ESP and star plastic as well as other will save you cash over time though

Latest posts