• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

goodbye Stalker

I'm kind of in the same boat. I have two in the bag, a Ti and this freak of an ESP with a super low PLH that I got from DD. It has a team bar stamp. They both fly completely different. I was using the Ti for windy fairways about 250-300 feet. The Pred would probably do just as well at this and be a more versatile disc. I was using the ESP for turnover shots 250-300. I've been playing with a new ESP XL to see if it would do this job better but its a little light I think (166). It won't turn back over. The XL was one of my first discs, so what I remember it flying like as a noob is totally different now. I guess I'll try a heavier one too.

So I'm not the only one who thinks the Ti Stalker is unnecessarily beefy for being a 1.1 rating?!

I have 2 TI Stalkers, one with a nice dome for straight shots and a super flat top that is definitely beefy. Having both helps keep molds to a minimum while still being able to cover any shot in that range of throws. I'm just curious what will happen if i fall for the AR12 since i also carry buzzz's.

Mine is super flat. That explains it. It's nice for short, sharp doglegs, but that's about it. :/

AR12?

I am a newbie back hander, Used the PDGA Stalker in a field, loved it but the Black color was too hard to find for me on the course. I bought a Z Stalker thinking it would be better to see , but I really don't like the disc. Like mentioned above I don't get much more distance than using my esp Buzzz and I lose control trying to power it.

SO, if anyone is looking for a 9/10 Z stalker, I would love to try a new QJLS. PM me.

Philip Bartnicki

i have a Ti stalker i use for my stable distance needs or in place of my drone from time to time, and my z stalker i have been beating it up so that it works well as a hyzer flip disc. at one point in time i too took the stalker out of my bag because i didn't like how flippy the Z's start to become but now i don't know what i would do without flippy discs so i find it to be a essential to have a stalker in my bag, i use the buzz for shots between 280-340 and i use the stalker for up to 390 foot shots, not that i make it that distance everytime but its getting close

Ignore me. Got it. Ace Race. Shhhhhhh. :doh:

I thought he was in the market for an assault rifle too ...

I've tried tons of discs trying to convince myself that I need fairway drivers. It's just not working. I haven't found one yet that I trust at all. Other than meathooks; and I don't need a fd for that. From Buzzz to Surge for me also. But for me, the Stalker/TL/XL etc ... were too close to my Surges.

I carry the Stalker mainly because it's Ti and pretty. I really only throw it on one specific hole in the four courses I regularly play....

My buzzz fits the bill as a Mid and a FD, I guess. Because the few times I've used FDs (My GF has a few) I just snap the hooha out of them and they go forever. Which is cool, but that's what my Valk is for. I don't know. I have a big enough arm to throw big drivers, and to get my mids to be the in between.

I think the FD category should be renamed. But calling them "Slower Arm Distance Drivers" is sort of a bummer. And I think those students who are against Designated Drivers already have SADD patented or something. Either way, Does anyone seriously use a driver after the teepad regularly? I doubt the majority of our home courses are 700 ft. plus....

Other Manufacturers...?

Ya, I'm trying to find that control distance disc. I jump from a Buzzz to a Nuke. I have a couple tournaments so maybe I'll pick some stuff up there. I don't know what to try between an XL, Surge, Avenger SS, Flash, Wildcat.... damn. Hopefully I'll just win a ton of stuff :)

I recently discovered the Lat 64 River. You might give it a look. Some people compare it to the Leopard, but to me it's like a Stalker with twice the glide, maybe a hair more understable, depending on weight.

This things deadly in the woods. I'm still learning to control it in all situations, but it will do what a Stalker does with a fraction of the effort.

I threw stalker until I got a buzz and the same happened for me. I rarely throw it at all now. It's still a good disc and I feel it has more fade than a buzzz so I still keep it in my bag, mainly out of attachment.

I'd put them Stalker back in the bag.

Sure you have a small gap between throwing distances.Just think of this.You get up to the Tee throw your Buzzz and you are 50 ft short of the basket,really long putt right?Take that same hole throw the stalker,now you are 20ft from the basket,mush easier putt. :thmbup:

It's good to have that small gap in between discs.Makes it easier to choose what disc you need for certain distances.That's how my bag is set-up and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I recently discovered the Lat 64 River. You might give it a look. Some people compare it to the Leopard, but to me it's like a Stalker with twice the glide, maybe a hair more understable, depending on weight.

This things deadly in the woods. I'm still learning to control it in all situations, but it will do what a Stalker does with a fraction of the effort.

I felt like the River was really close to a stalker too. I think I will try out an XL, and Surge SS if I can get my hands one them after my next couple tournaments.

On tight 300+ I will throw a buzzz every time. I would much rather get it most of the way than trying to crush a driver all the way and end up hitting the first tree.

How does an XL fly?

I love my XLs. I had 2 stalkers in my bag with my 3 buzzzes, but like everyone else, my stalkers were pushed out...but this time by my heavy Z XLs. I now have 3 XLs in my bag. One flx for big hyzer flips, one esp for slight hyzer flip to nice slow anny, and my Z for straight (just as straight as my stalker IMO). I loved my fresh z stalkers, but the XL is just so versitile I think...especially for wooded courses.

While my Buzz doesn't really go that much further than my Stalker, it has more fade. Which for some shots, is just necessary

I have both in my bag.. But am looking to find a disc to replace the Stalker.. An overstable fairway would do it for me.. Maybe an Eagle.. But I'm also waiting on the Volt and the Ace Race disc to compare.. I agree with the stalker though. I throw the Buzzz almost further and can't throw the stalker very well. I can out throw the Stalker with my Valk, River, Buzzz, Fuse, Mamba, Teebird.. etc. I actually can almost put an Ion out as far if not further.

I have an opto river that is way too touchy IMO, but when thrown like it wants this thing has amazing glide. Which makes me want to keep working with it I have tried leopards for the last 10 yrs with them dive bombing right most times. I throw a Buzzz ss out to 250 with good accuracy I have been long searching for the all around fairway driver due to the FD hype. I currently have a z xl with some luck as it seems more stable to me than the river or leopard. Also played with the z xpress for awhile with inconsistency. Just picked up a used qjls that I am pretty excited to try out after reading some posts on
it. In my bag is also a Solf that fills that gap pretty well and also works as a forehand lazer. Good luck on finding that Must have Fairway driver slot.

Yeah, I had the same issues with the Stalker. It took a lot to get it out of the bag, it felt so good in my hand. Ultimately I came to the same conclusion, it wasn't much longer than my Buzzz and I wasn't as versatile as other options. I switched to Pro-D and X XLs and haven't looked back. A flippy XL gives you a range of shots that the Stalker had a hard time doing. I never had much success hyzer flipping and throwing a controlled turnover shot. It basically did what my Buzzz does, go straight.

Latest posts