• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gorilla Boy Disc Sports

which would you rather see for a black Friday deal?

• free shipping with in the U.S.

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • 13% off

Votes: 31 60.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I just want to thank apoth for this thread blow up. it got me to look at a different bag company and i am in the market. For my personal situation this will work perfect because I don't plan on buying until midsummer. I now know not to rush the order, but for me I want to take a bag out a few time and be sure I am comfortable with it before I would consider using it for a tourney or something.
GB i will be contacting you by midsummer for an order!

I just want to thank apoth for this thread blow up. it got me to look at a different bag company and i am in the market. For my personal situation this will work perfect because I don't plan on buying until midsummer. I now know not to rush the order, but for me I want to take a bag out a few time and be sure I am comfortable with it before I would consider using it for a tourney or something.
GB i will be contacting you by midsummer for an order!

welcome to the site and im glad youre into the GB bags. the ones ive seen have been the top top quality.

dont mind the trolls. :)

I can't wait for both Chris's to look back on this thread in a few years, have a few beers, and laugh laugh laugh.

Apoth's bag will still be as good as new.

And for the business educated among us... did you get to the chapter on Just-In-Time Inventory? Should have been a fascinating read for you... most of the time Dell is the sample company.

Wasn't a very fascinating read. If you did read it, you didn't comprehend it very well. There's a difference between reading and comprehending if you didn't know.

Since you mentioned Dell, I'd say they are a big enough company that has enough employees where "Just-In-Time" means that if I order a computer today then it will probably be shipped out today or the next day.

But for a very small company like Gorilla Boy, "Just-In-Time" could mean that it won't be ready to ship for a week or maybe longer depending on how his "life and business situation" is at the time you order. (which by the way is totally acceptable. was only trying to say that a disclaimer on the website might help build trust with the customer.)

And that is all that has been mentioned here. We're not talking about the type of inventory system he has. We're talking about misleading the customer.

And it looks like the only person with the sandy V today is Trotter. Because Chris responded to the constructive criticism with class. Chris can do what he wants with the constructive criticism. He can ignore it or he can add a disclaimer to the website. His choice. All of these other childish Trotter comments and flaming are completely unnecessary.

Keep up the good work Gorilla Boy! Curious, have you ever thought about expanding the business and hiring a few other Gorilla Boys to help make bags? Who knows, it might even top that full-time job (but have no idea what you do)...

He's right, "In Stock" means you have the product on the shelf ready to ship. It doesn't mean that it still needs to be manufactured. They teach that in Business 098 at Community College right along with Supply and demand. These types of situations are why I like dealing with larger companies... They have more reputation built and thus care about customer service and quality more.

Honestly I'd rather help the small business out. I guess it just makes me feel better when I'm able to help out a small business compared to the large one that is barely effected by the loss of a single customer. Where a small business needs to care about their customers because it could mean life or death for the business. Not to say large businesses take their customers for granted. Heck he's building these with his bare hands, most big businesses just use sweat shops and things of the sort. Just thought I'd put in my 2 cents on that subject.

Thanks for the orders guys... and I am sorry, but we don't ship Gorilla Boy bags from our inventory. You can purchase one locally, but we don't ship them. You need to go to the head gorilla for that.

Four seasons of tourney sponsorship... there are few sponsors better than GBDS.

Just ask Dion Arlyn, Will Schusterick and Paige Pierce...

just had a visit from the mailman...the Simian looks sick. cant wait to try it out tomorrow. the wait wasnt nearly what i had expected. thanks for the quick service.:)

Another update:

Ordered Sunday early afternoon. The bag I ordered was "In Stock." I received a notice from GB saying my bag was shipped on Wednesday at 7pm. Three days between ordering and shipping an "IN STOCK" product?

Yeah, I'd say its safe to assume there will be a several day delay when ordering "In stock" items from Gorilla Boy. The only reason I'm bent out of shape over this is because I'm expecting the bag to be sick in every other way and am getting impatient. :)

I'm in the market for a good 10-13 disc bag and looking at the spider monkey :D

Can't wait till more get made and stocked, not a fan of the in stock colors but I've got time to wait :thmbup:

Looks like the perfect bag for what I want, and love the top flap folding into the bag, rather than rolling or being a nuisance like my current innova bags I hate.

I'm in the market for a good 10-13 disc bag and looking at the spider monkey :D

Can't wait till more get made and stocked, not a fan of the in stock colors but I've got time to wait :thmbup:

Looks like the perfect bag for what I want, and love the top flap folding into the bag, rather than rolling or being a nuisance like my current innova bags I hate.

Got my GB Squirrel Monkey last night. No more Innova starter bag cheapness for me. :)

The top flap folds into either the bag, or a pocket on the bag (that also has rooms for a small towel.)

You might not want to wait until he gets stuff in stock, I'd suggest shooting Chris an email...he got back to me super fast after I left a question in the "comment" section of my order. Overall, I'm very impressed with this bag. It feels indestructible!

Got my GB Squirrel Monkey last night. No more Innova starter bag cheapness for me. :)

The top flap folds into either the bag, or a pocket on the bag (that also has rooms for a small towel.)

You might not want to wait until he gets stuff in stock, I'd suggest shooting Chris an email...he got back to me super fast after I left a question in the "comment" section of my order. Overall, I'm very impressed with this bag. It feels indestructible!

That one is just slightly smaller than the spider monkey right? I'm looking to hold ~13 discs max and don't really need 2 drink holders. Nor do I think I can rationalize $70 on a smaller bag either.

That one is just slightly smaller than the spider monkey right? I'm looking to hold ~13 discs max and don't really need 2 drink holders. Nor do I think I can rationalize $70 on a smaller bag either.

I think the squirrel monkey is about the same thing as the spider monkey only it has an extra drink holder. Comfortable holds 2 discs in the putter pocket and about 8-10 in the main compartment. I don't think either would hold ~13, but I could be wrong. I wanted a high end bag that's not going to fall apart regardless of the abuse I put it through, has 2 drink holders (a must for those 72-90 hole days,) and would hold enough random stuff (camera, etc.)

I pleased with my purchase and can't wait to hit up the course tonight to try it out. I've got quads on the way.

Edit: the umbrella holder is perfect for my camera tripod, as well. :)

I think the squirrel monkey is about the same thing as the spider monkey only it has an extra drink holder. Comfortable holds 2 discs in the putter pocket and about 8-10 in the main compartment. I don't think either would hold ~13, but I could be wrong. I wanted a high end bag that's not going to fall apart regardless of the abuse I put it through, has 2 drink holders (a must for those 72-90 hole days,) and would hold enough random stuff (camera, etc.)

I pleased with my purchase and can't wait to hit up the course tonight to try it out. I've got quads on the way.

Edit: the umbrella holder is perfect for my camera tripod, as well. :)

heh, I wish I could trudge through that many holes straight. We take breaks between every so many rounds to restock on drinks and cool off so not too much of a necessity for the 2 drink slots for me. Although this Wisconsin temperature and humidity is starting to feel like the south already.

I'm stoked you love your bag. Really makes me want to just pounce on the orange he has in stock, though I want that grey one :D

Welcome to the official DGCR GBDS thread!!!

Got any questions about the GB line of bags? Feel free to ask us here!

Any news about the potential limited edition bags that I've heard may go into production? Which model bag(s) will it be? What colors? ETA?

I'm going to be in the market for a bag soon and I wanted to know if the LE bag is something I should wait for.

Any news about the potential limited edition bags that I've heard may go into production? Which model bag(s) will it be? What colors? ETA?

I'm going to be in the market for a bag soon and I wanted to know if the LE bag is something I should wait for.

as much as I would love to be able to give a release date I cant right now...I've been so busy with just the other bags that I havent even been able to work on the LE bags...all I can tell you about them is there going to be my Silverback model and thats it..hopefully I can get them ready soon

Latest posts