• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gorilla Boy Disc Sports

which would you rather see for a black Friday deal?

• free shipping with in the U.S.

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • 13% off

Votes: 31 60.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I hope you don't mind Chris, but I wanted to put these up here:

5537520730_bdae9d6a2c.jpg

5536942907_fc105f2e1c.jpg

5537520828_bd877826c5.jpg

5537520868_c9177c831b.jpg

thx for posting the pics.

seeing the new simian pictures side by side with the older simian, the new side pockets give the bag a better look. and i'd guess that it's more usefull overall as well.

I've been eyeballing the simian for a while now. I LOVE the functionality of it...would be a perfect fit for my needs. The only thing really holding me back is the styling of it. The colors are great, but I can't get past the rear/side profile that looks like you're carrying around a nightstand. I'd love to see some curves added to the main container shape to break up the square profile. I do realize that's kinda vain(and potentially difficult given the need to maintain the structural integrity of the internal stool), but for that price, I need to really love the way it looks too. If it were a bit cheaper then that might be a different story.

Just my opinion, of course, and offered after seeing new feature requests on the above-linked site(granted this was in Feb). It's a great product already, offering features that no one else has. One little tweak and I'm all over it.

I've been eyeballing the simian for a while now. I LOVE the functionality of it...would be a perfect fit for my needs. The only thing really holding me back is the styling of it. The colors are great, but I can't get past the rear/side profile that looks like you're carrying around a nightstand. I'd love to see some curves added to the main container shape to break up the square profile. I do realize that's kinda vain(and potentially difficult given the need to maintain the structural integrity of the internal stool), but for that price, I need to really love the way it looks too. If it were a bit cheaper then that might be a different story.

Just my opinion, of course, and offered after seeing new feature requests on the above-linked site(granted this was in Feb). It's a great product already, offering features that no one else has. One little tweak and I'm all over it.

Not sure how this would be possible... I like the new styling. It makes it look more like a backpack.

Also, the simian is not near as huge as it looks in pics... look at the pic of it on Paige Pierce's back for goodness sake.

Not sure how this would be possible... I like the new styling. It makes it look more like a backpack.

Also, the simian is not near as huge as it looks in pics... look at the pic of it on Paige Pierce's back for goodness sake.

It's definitely not as bulky in person as it looks in the pictures. The grip backpack is a bit bulkier than it looks in the pics (not saying its a bad thing) just making the point...you really have to see some IN ACTION pics to get an idea of actual size. Would be nice for peeps to post up with the new one.

Not sure how this would be possible...

I wouldn't think it would be impossible to make it a little curvier. Just because the compartment/stool support needs to be a particular shape doesn't mean the fabric cladding has to be. But what do I know?

Would be nice for peeps to post up with the new one.

agreed, would love to see some action shots to get some perspective

Buying a Simian is like buying a van. You don't buy it for looks, you buy it for the functionality. :thmbup:

The problem is..I wouldn't buy a van haha. But that is a bad comparison haha. I don't think of the simian in that regard.

I've been carrying my Simian for a while now and it definitely is not as big as it looks. Keep in mind perspective, not only with regards to the size of the individual carrying the bag but also how you are used to seeing large sideways bags hanging off people's butts. This is a very different shape that sits in a very different location on your back.

The built in stool FAR outweighs the lack of curves on the pack.