• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gorilla Boy Disc Sports

which would you rather see for a black Friday deal?

• free shipping with in the U.S.

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • 13% off

Votes: 31 60.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
hey guys just curious what would i be looking to spend on a nice used Spider Monkey or Chimp? Im using a Revo Carolina but wanted to get something a lil smaller for casual rounds.. and wanted to know how much plastic i need to sell :p

sweet..yeah just looked at the site and Chimp looks like what i need.. that silverback looks sick tho.. i like my carolina but i passed out at course yesterday after three rounds and think i might need to scale down a lil lol..

^ Are you drinking enough water, are you snack'n. Maybe you need an extra break. I know at my age I do have to watch the little things.

i think it was from not eating enough.. i never had a real breakfast or lunch..just like a grab bag of lays and lil breakfast bar.. i went through 3 big gatorades but prob not enough water.. first time i ever did that but it was not fun at all.. got the revo loaded with prob 20 discs so its kinda heavy but usually not a problem..

I hate to eat just before playing too, But I know I must. Ill eat simple things,apples,nutition bars,and lot and lots of water. If your playing and you dont have to pee. Your NOT drinking enough.

good call i never thought about that.. didnt really have to drain the lizard all day.. never even thought about it being a bad thing.. i usually really only play two rounds a day never really push it to three but you can bet i will have plent of snacks and water from now on :)

good call i never thought about that.. didnt really have to drain the lizard all day.. never even thought about it being a bad thing.. i usually really only play two rounds a day never really push it to three but you can bet i will have plent of snacks and water from now on :)

Hahaha thank you sir

to who ever was wondering my bag of choice ... i carry the bag i used to create the LE SB design....

weekend in PA was awesome! random dubs on fri night, singles on sat played singles and shot a 61 at each course, sun played doubles and shot 51 at each course.... not to bad for having never played either course i dont think...

started the trip home today and made it as far as sturgis MI drove 10 hrs only about 7 more hrs to go till i get home and get back to the grind on wed....

im considering doing some thing dif to work through my orders to get caught up...only down side is it will cause some of the orders to take longer to get out but in the long run i will get back to having finished bags in stock which wud be way better than how things are right now.

Just curious how you plan to change production?

I know it is none of my bee'swax but the whole thing is just an interesting success story.

Well maybe it is some of my bee'swax since I do have a simian coming down the pipe...

I cannot believe that you haven't started mass production of the bags. I know you are a beast for quality, but you could run the sweatshop and make sure that the little chinamen are sewing them up just right. Think of the stores that would sell your bags, hell just start with them at REI. Your future and your kid's futures would be made...

Anyhow, I have accepted that my perfect bag is still very far away and I will patiently await it.

Sincerely,

im considering doing some thing dif to work through my orders to get caught up...only down side is it will cause some of the orders to take longer to get out but in the long run i will get back to having finished bags in stock which wud be way better than how things are right now.

Seriously, man.

From an economically minded gentleman, you need to get your business caught up to demand or risk losing the capacity to expand. ;)

Just curious how you plan to change production?

I know it is none of my bee'swax but the whole thing is just an interesting success story.

Well maybe it is some of my bee'swax since I do have a simian coming down the pipe...

I cannot believe that you haven't started mass production of the bags. I know you are a beast for quality, but you could run the sweatshop and make sure that the little chinamen are sewing them up just right. Think of the stores that would sell your bags, hell just start with them at REI. Your future and your kid's futures would be made...

Anyhow, I have accepted that my perfect bag is still very far away and I will patiently await it.

Sincerely,

well what im thinking is instead of doing each order as they came in right now like i have been im considering just working on 24 bags of the same type at once until there done and then do 24 of another bag until its done and just keep moving through them that way. it would in theory get me caught up but it would cause some people to get there order sooner or later than what it is already.

i've been thinking about it a lot but in the long run i think it would work out better and allow me to be able to get bags actually "in stock" and completely avoid any wait for receiving your order

what do you guys think of me possibly going about getting stuff done this way?

The only problem I could see with that idea is when you get to the simian. It will take a long time to get 24 of those bad boys done, though after that you'll be able to pop out a bunch of spider monkeys and other smaller bags quick so I'm not sure. If you did that it may be a good idea to then stop taking new orders except maybe extras you make in this process(ones out of the 24 not on the waiting list), so if that's what you were thinking it's not a bad idea.

Basically the biggest issue I could see with this is getting stuck on the larger bags and being unable to restock other ones that run out fast. Then again that still may not be as bad as a 7-8 week waiting list.

It sounds good in theory... My only concern is that by the time you get to a few sets of 24, the first sets of 24 will already be sold.

I personally believe that the only answer to your demand is to expand. Hire a full time sewer that wears a bikini and can work to your standards. Stay small, but just expand a little. Nothing wrong with having a nice shop run by some babes.

You can do all of the fun stuff and quality control. This way you could get ahead and start making some serious cash.

One side of me says keep it the same, the other says find a way to make them faster. I have no problem waiting as long as you keep communicating with us. When I got my LE, you said 4-6 weeks. I think I got it in 5 with regular status updates. You were only 30-40 deep though. You might have to deal each individual order if you change up the process. Some people like myself are very patient, some are not. Good luck and I'm sure you will make the right decision.

There's definitely opportunity to increase your efficiency that way, especially if you have to adjust machine settings, templates, or other things from one product to the next(or even from one step to the next of the same item). Think Henry Ford and the assembly line for mass production...etc. On the other hand if there's not much changeover involved, then you may not see much benefit.

I suggest using the most complicated model, the simian, as a proof of concept...since I'm currently waiting on one, of course :D

well lets say i try it with the sim and make up every thing i got cut out right now (roughly 15ish) if i work on just one section a day i dont see any reason that i wouldnt be able to get those 15 sims done in 6-8 days, this is why im really considering it going assembly line style simply cause it is more efficient doing multiples of the same thing at once.

^^ I agree! Get the Sims out of the way first. If you did that, maybe you could give some kind of production order and time-line and see how everyone feels. ie: Sim, Squirrel, LE, Chimp, etc.

1 vote for mass production. keep it simple, keep product flow through high

Latest posts