• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gorilla Boy Disc Sports

which would you rather see for a black Friday deal?

• free shipping with in the U.S.

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • 13% off

Votes: 31 60.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't see how 2 putters will ever fit in each side pocket of a Simian. I seriously doubt it will stretch that much, and it would turn the putters into tacos.

Same experience with my Chimp. 2 years of regular use and still only one putter will fit in the putter pocket.

Earlier in the thread, I had seen Chris comment that he had redesigned the Simian's putter pockets to only hold one each in order to make the side pockets bigger (and they indeed look ginormous), thinking that if you wanted to carry more putters, you could just put them in the side pockets.

I don't see how 2 putters will ever fit in each side pocket of a Simian. I seriously doubt it will stretch that much, and it would turn the putters into tacos.

Same experience with my Chimp. 2 years of regular use and still only one putter will fit in the putter pocket.

When I first got my silverback I could only fit 1 putter. After a year or so I was able to get a second. Maybe that won't be the case with this one. It doesn't matter anyways because I have 4 wizards in one of the side pockets. So I now have 6 total putters.

After re-packing.
Main compartment - 8 drivers & 4 mids
Bottom - 3 misc doubles
Right pocket - 4 putters
2 putter pockets

Total 21 with plenty of room to spare. Still have 1 whole side that I may make a camel pack.

Played a tourney yesterday with my simian. It was great having a seat at all times without having to carry anything extra. Switching from a silverback, it was a little heavier, but after the round I wasn't quite as exhausted.

My only complaint, which will just take some getting used to, is having to take the bag off for all disc access. The waters I can access, just kind of awkwardly. I also remember saying the same thing when I got my silverback too though. I am sure with time I will get used to getting my putter and drink while walking. All in all great bag, but we already knew that.

I chose wine myself. Part of me wishes that I had the guts to go with that orange, though. ;)

I'm new to gorilla boy stuff.... is it one man and his needle?

just me and some help from family here and there... other than that I do every step of the process it takes to make a bag myself. From cutting out the cordura, sewing the parts together, right down to the shipping all me.
I have been making high quality bags since 2001 and through the years I have "evolved" the style and way they are made to make them even better and more functional.
I warranty all my work on the bags, so if something goes wrong with the bag all you ever have to do is ship it back to me and it will be taken care of right away.
there are several models of bags to choose from. I do not have all the pics of them yet as I have been updating my site this year and have not yet made each bag in each color to get a picture of.
my bags are sold and made in a first come first serve basis so once you place your order you are put in line of the bags that need to be made. typically due to the demand and amount of bags I sell the wait can get to be upwards of 6 weeks or more depending on the time of year.

Latest posts