• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gorilla Boy Kong initial review and 15 watt mod. (Pic heavy)

"on this edition of "Pimp My Bag" we give an overhaul to a King Kong."

"DGCoursereview, Pimp my bag!"

very nice job however.

Ok, so now that Ive played a few rounds with my Kong I thought Id give it a review. First with the positives. This bag is super, I mean super light, even with the internal frame it still feels lighter then my old Innova Comp bag. Secondly, is the craftsmanship which is impeccable. The Cordura and Ballistic Nylon are both incredibly durable and I cant see ever ripping this bag. Thirdly is the room, this bag is big, it carries about 20 discs depending on type in the main compartment and an additional 4 or 5 in the front storage pocket and then 2 more in the putter pocket. So with that math it holds about 25-27 discs without looking overfilled. The drink holders are big and well insulated and with the new drain gromets there is no danger of pooling water. The side pockets are pretty big and you can easily fit all your gear and even an extra TeeShirt in there as well. I love the pen and pencil holders with each slot made for specific sized pencils, pens or markers. The rain flap is great and fits all the way over the putter pocket. Also the pocket the rain flap slides into makes a great place for towels or extra discs. The biggest positive comment I've gotten is that guys like that the main compartment is completely open as opposed to the Revo which has a much smaller opening which makes getting discs out more difficult.

As far as negatives go. I really can't complain to much but I do have a few minor gripes. I would have liked to see a cell phone specific pocket in the main storage compartments like my Comp had, that way it doesn't bounce around and the clear pocket in front seemed to be an afterthought and I havent found much use for it yet, although I have seen people put their IPOD's in there. Another small thing is the zippers, they do the job fine but I definitely prefer the XYZ's on the Revo's. Finally the internal frame is great but I just wonder how long the dividers will hold up.

All and all I could not be happier with my new Gorilla Boy Kong bag. I loved my Innova Comp bag and this does all that bag did and so much more. Basically if you love the Comp bag this is one on Steroids. Its a great bag and going by DGCR reviewing protocols I give it 4.5 discs.

The clear plastic pocket fits standard sized score cards and books.

I dont mean to diss the bag in any way it is the best bag ive ever had. Just hadnt found any use for the pocket yet.... well until now, great advice about the score cards. Damn i love this bag.

I dont mean to diss the bag in any way it is the best bag ive ever had. Just hadnt found any use for the pocket yet.... well until now, great advice about the score cards. Damn i love this bag.
Unfortunately our cards are a little wider than the pocket. I usually get picked to hold money at our local events. I like to keep it there.

it's cool and everything but blasting your music out of your bag on a busy course is pretty poor golf etiquette...

never said he did. just kind of reminded me of the kids that like to roll down their car windows and blast their music because they think it makes them look cool...

I like the modification though. but I can think of a much cheaper solution for music on the course that doesn't take up half the bag space as an amp and speakers.....headphones.

Last edited:
Boombox.jpg

Latest posts