• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gorilla Boy vs Voodoo

I know Voodoo was working on a backpack design.

Till then my Juju works great.

I love supporting the cottage industry folks. A lot of my ultralight backpacking stuff comes from similar companies.

Doesn't hurt that Voodoo is from my neck of the woods. My son did a pick up in person for my Xmas present JJ.

They do answer their phone too. :thmbup:

"I know Voodoo was working on a backpack design."

I can't wait for this. More importantly I can't wait to see this blow GRIP out of the water, in quality, design, AND hopefully price.

Voodoo blows away the GB bag in Design and quality. I have aGB Kong and a Voodoo Karma. The GB is made with quality materials, but the fit and finish is poor. It looks like something I could make. I have one of the early Kongs and I hear they changed the frame, but mine was a JOKE. So much so, I just put the Innova "U" channel divider in it. Voodoo's frame is more like a "tub" that slide into the bag with adjustable velcro dividers. Storage is OK on the GB, but it's fantastic on the Voodoo. Voodoo has two huge side pocket, but what makes them even better. Is that they have sub pockets inside them. What use to take two pockets on my Revo bag. Now fits into just one pocket.
Materials are about the same, but Voodoo puts an extra layer of a special Cordura around the bottom of the bag.
It's not even close when you compare the two bags. Voodoo is a far superior bag,

Voodoo blows away the GB bag in Design and quality. I have aGB Kong and a Voodoo Karma. The GB is made with quality materials, but the fit and finish is poor. It looks like something I could make. I have one of the early Kongs and I hear they changed the frame, but mine was a JOKE. So much so, I just put the Innova "U" channel divider in it. Voodoo's frame is more like a "tub" that slide into the bag with adjustable velcro dividers. Storage is OK on the GB, but it's fantastic on the Voodoo. Voodoo has two huge side pocket, but what makes them even better. Is that they have sub pockets inside them. What use to take two pockets on my Revo bag. Now fits into just one pocket.
Materials are about the same, but Voodoo puts an extra layer of a special Cordura around the bottom of the bag.
It's not even close when you compare the two bags. Voodoo is a far superior bag,
I didn't see where voodoo makes any thing comparable to the Simian.

Voodoo is top quailty, once they make a backpack style bag they will be the best bag company

I guess I dont get the knock on the finish of the GB bags. It must depend on the age of the GB bag that you are comparing with the voodoo bags. I played with a guy the other day that had a Karma. It was a nice looking bag looked great solid build job and finish. When I compared the finish to my Squirrel Monkey that is only a month old the finish is identical. Stiching is just as clean everything on the GB bag is lined up perfectly and had a profesional look. The way the internal frames between the bags are done is more a matter of preference than anything that has to do with quility. Maybe Chris has gotten better at making bags over the years but his current stuff is just as good as Voodoo. I think regardless of which company you buy from you are going to get a good bag.

Cant go wrong w GB. Just sold my 1 year old silverback for what I bought it brand new due to the fact I had to have the Simian. Takes about 3 weeks to get used to the Straps on the Simian. Some people cant handle the Simian. Have a buddy who kept knocking it over and his discs would fall out because he did not store them upside down. after 6 months of heavy play mine still looks new and I cant keep other players from sitting on it when i'm not looking. Go GB.

I had a Simian before I developed a shoulder problem and had to go with a smaller lighter bag. If it wasnt for the shoulder I would not have let the Simain go. With the built in stool and the fact that it will hold an open umbrella for you to keep your hands free and the bag dry it was just an all around perfect bag for tourneys. I think you will be very happy with the Simian.

You won't go wrong with either, honestly. You know what features suit you best. They both offer different style bags, but they both are very high quality.

My personal choice is Voodoo. My bag is more odds and ends than plastic. So the way Voodoo arranges their pockets is perfect for me. When I was looking for a new bag, organization was top priority. That is why Voodoo won out for me. Your needs may be different.

Neither choice is wrong. Both are amazing quality, both would support small DG companies, and both would last you a long, long time.