• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gotta Go/Throw Cart Mods?

superium

Eagle Member
Just got mine yesterday and already have a few ideas what Im going to do with it. Just seeing who else has one and what they have done to it.
Thanks.

Here's my cart setup, though I'm using a different bag.
Most people have their bags set up front to back, but I have mine side to side.
Also, I keep my putters in the "chairback" where I can reach them without bending over.
Front
Back
Bottom
Side

Some other things I did:
Since my cart was used when I got it, I put 3/4"(?) radiator hose on my skids, to keep them from wearing down too quickly.
Also drilled out the cotter pin holes on the axle and the uprights to allow for a heavier-duty Cotter Pin.
I've also had the repair the handle, which broke. The newer carts seem to have a mod that makes these more robust.
The other mod that I like is adding a piece of PVC to handle an umbrella.

I like that cart. And the wife is getting me one for Christmas. But I'm looking at a cart designed for shooters called the Gun Buggy. A few locals around here use them and it seems to be almost ideal for disc golf. Best of all it costs about $50 less. Downside is the gun buggy doesn't have a seat. A seat would be real nice.

s7_230756_999_02

If you use your imagination a bit, its easy to see how the gun buggy could be used. 2 tiered; 1 for my bag and 1 for a cooler :D Of course I'd remove the gun racks. And the gun buggy has a brake so no rolling away on hills. I don't see a brake on the Go Cart.

I'd like to hear more about actual use of the Go Cart. Christmas is approaching quickly and I'd like to get the best bang for my wife's buck.

I like that cart. And the wife is getting me one for Christmas. But I'm looking at a cart designed for shooters called the Gun Buggy. A few locals around here use them and it seems to be almost ideal for disc golf. Best of all it costs about $50 less. Downside is the gun buggy doesn't have a seat. A seat would be real nice.

s7_230756_999_02

If you use your imagination a bit, its easy to see how the gun buggy could be used. 2 tiered; 1 for my bag and 1 for a cooler :D Of course I'd remove the gun racks. And the gun buggy has a brake so no rolling away on hills. I don't see a brake on the Go Cart.

I'd like to hear more about actual use of the Go Cart. Christmas is approaching quickly and I'd like to get the best bang for my wife's buck.

I have used a GoCart and a jogging stroller type cart.
Actually, I prefer the jogging stroller or something like the above.

I was thinking about getting a gun buggy after playing around with Scott Alex's but it was just too bulky it looked like a pain to fit in my lil Honda and I wanted the comfort of sitting down knowing Im going to play more tournys this upcoming year.
The Go Cart takes 10 secs to dissasemble and no need for a braking system since it only has 2 wheels.
Junkie, already plan on putting my putters where you have yours plus I'm going to seal the lower section of the part in front of the putter pocket for another disc or 2. Instead of bungey cords I might rivet a thin piece of sheet metal there.
Still debating about other things such as building a slotted disc compartment in replace of having my bag underneath as well as cup holders and speakers for music.

That gun cart looks exactly like my jogging stroller I converted. It has the exact same frame. Mine only cost me $5 at a yardsale.

The Gun Buggy is more bulky than the Go Cart? Hmm, I guess the pictures don't quite tell the whole story. John Adams uses one as well as Scott. The Gun Buggy looks almost perfect to me. I guess I'd rather carry a cooler than have a seat. And $50 less too. For that extra fifty I could get a nice ACERUN stool, I'm sure there's room to carry it. I'm sure the Go Cart would work fine at the flatter courses like JD or Como, but with that 3rd wheel I think the Gun Buggy could work at Emery, Shorewinds & the Angry Apple too.

The Gun Buggy is more bulky than the Go Cart? Hmm, I guess the pictures don't quite tell the whole story. John Adams uses one as well as Scott. The Gun Buggy looks almost perfect to me. I guess I'd rather carry a cooler than have a seat. And $50 less too. For that extra fifty I could get a nice ACERUN stool, I'm sure there's room to carry it. I'm sure the Go Cart would work fine at the flatter courses like JD or Como, but with that 3rd wheel I think the Gun Buggy could work at Emery, Shorewinds & the Angry Apple too.

I played with a guy a couple of weeks ago on a realy hilly bumpy wooded course and his go cart had no problems with the ruts, stairs, and bumps. He just let the cart do the work going down stairs and hills. He never had any problems with it that I saw. In case that helps with your thought process on the Go Cart.

Pros and Cons.
The GoCart is easier to store and handle than a Stroller.
A stroller typically will haul more stuff better, but can be harder to handle on elevation.
GoCart will not roll away and has a seat included (with a backrest, which is a huge bonus).
Stroller will handle roots and ruts better, A GoCart will handle bridges and elevation a little better.

It's all about choices.

I use a GoCart 'cause it handles everything I need better than a stroller, but I still carry my bag on my back more than half the time.

what are the measurements of the "under the seat" area? Thinking of how a way to attach a rubbermaid (or likewise) tub underneath? I'm contemplating getting this instead of a Grip/mahal (similar price) as my back has been hurting the last few months. But don't want to have to buy a new bag to put under there (mine is trashed, held together with tape right now.)

I'm looking for some help concerning a modification to a GoCart I saw recently. I was at a tournament and a guy had attached roughly 2 feet of PVC to his cart to serve as an umbrella holder. I thought the idea was awesome but didn't pay too close of attention because I didn't have my cart yet. Has anyone done this or seen it done? I'm looking for advice on how to do this myself. Pictures would be awesome. Thanks

Just take your umbrella and cart to home depot and pick out some pvc and some zip ties. Take your new stuff out to the parking lot and install. If you forgot something then proceed back into the store.

I saw a guy attach a dd sniper bag to his gggt cart's backrest and it worked great.

any new mods to post? im working on a pair of cooler tubes that will hold 3, 16oz beverages each, no pics atm, waiting on my cart to get here so my measurements are right

Reviving an old post to share my list of go cart mods. I've owned my cart for almost two years and have been happy. My back no longer aches after long rounds and I always have a seat! I'm actually surprised there aren't more go cart owners. I've had some challenges while owning my go cart but have solved most of my issues with some simple mods:

1) Removed all fabric from cart and sprayed with 5-6 coats of black spray plastic.
2) Removed foam grips and replaced with thick bicycle bar tape.
3) Threaded piece of para cord through bottom of backrest to create additional disc storage.
4) Added growler hanger to keep 64 oz. of ice cold water within reach at all times.
5) Purchased right angle adapter for filling difficult to reach tire stems. http://www.amazon.com/Topeak-Pressure-Rite-Anti-Air-Loss-Connector/dp/B000FIAVKG

Curious to see if any other go cart owners have mods they found useful.

Attachments

• IMG_1657.jpg
    IMG_1657.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_1658.jpg
    IMG_1658.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_1659.jpg
    IMG_1659.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 165

Latest posts