• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gran Canyon Lawsuit

If you can't get enough of this story, check out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcLVC9f-TKY

Not so much for the youtube video, but for the comments.

The amount he's asking for is odd to me.

It's a lot of money on one hand, but not nearly enough to deal with the fallout this will have.

His "career" in DG is over. I expect many casual players will become aware and avoid him as will almost all those that play competitively.

I was not impressed by the comments that conflate TT with Natalie's situation.

The commencement speech video comes to mind.

The amount he's asking for is odd to me.

It's a lot of money on one hand, but not nearly enough to deal with the fallout this will have.

It's not much for someone claiming permanent injuries, either.

Isn't his store the one formerly known as Clearwater Disc Golf Store? I think he bought it and changed the name, among other things...

Ive played TDTM 3 times and can say that Hole #11 tee shot does have the potential to be dangerous. It is a an extremely steep downhill throw around trees on the right with the #12 fairway wide open to any throws that hyzer out to the left. i personally don't throw a 2nd shot on 12 until the 11 tee is clear, watching those tee shots carefully. Even without the danger, i would watch the shots anyways, because you get some incredibly awesome flights from the tee. In reality there should be a marshall there holding #12 players back until 11 tee is cleared. That said, the fact that there wasn't and never has been, should not be a factor because Trevor knew the risk extremely well and basically just let his guard down. If anyone knows better, it is Trevor, being one of the most experienced players on this particular course. I'm sure he has had quite a few drives end up on #12 fairway as well. i would throw this out in a second if I was the Judge, with a caveat that the organizers should do something to make it a bit safer going forward. If not marshals, then put up a couple signs saying to wait for #12 to clear before throwing on #11, and on #12 tee saying to wait until #11 tee clears to proceed.

For those interested in reading the legal filing, here's a copy in .pdf format, but because Florida apparently does not have fact pleading, it basically tells you nothing.

Complaint

Isn't his store the one formerly known as Clearwater Disc Golf Store? I think he bought it and changed the name, among other things...
IDK about former store name, but I was at Local Route today, before reading this, and Trevor was there. He was very attentive, friendly, and helpful to me. He claims that he has over 35,000 discs in stock, and that it is the largest store disc inventory in the world. Huge inventory for sure. Sucks if TT is the slime-ball some of the posts here claim he is - being sued by two different disc companies for not paying them for tens of thousands of dollars of inventory. 🙁

Plaintiff didn't respond to defense attorney's request for discovery (whatever that means) so the case got thrown out. According to this article Trevor could refile it in the future though

Request for discovery is when the lawyers on opposite sides exchange information about what witnesses (if any) will be called and what evidence will be admitted, request documents, etc. It's an opportunity for both sides to prepare their cases in advance of a trial.

Request for discovery is when the lawyers on opposite sides exchange information about what witnesses (if any) will be called and what evidence will be admitted, request documents, etc. It's an opportunity for both sides to prepare their cases in advance of a trial.
and with some cases, only the defense gets to request discovery - which is why the defending side rarely countersues right away - they won't have to provide anything for discovery. Then, if the defense wins, they can countersue for libel/slander/whatever.

The idea is that the suing side (plaintiff) should know all the facts, etc. since they are the ones suing. But the defense needs to know what they are defending against. They need time to gather the information needed to dispute the plaintiff's evidence/'facts'. In this case, the plaintiff is suing due to injury...so the defense wants the plaintiffs proof of injury (any medical records, witnesses to the injury, etc).

Hmmm.. interesting how this Trevor guy's main business competition is the sponsor of the event he got hit by the disc at.

Kind of hard to argue one is permanently disabled when you finished 3rd at AM worlds, MA55.
2023 PDGA Amateur Masters Disc Golf World Championships
Did you ever play with the MA55s at Worlds? I've never heard so much moaning about parts that don't work, are due to be replaced, or are new and haven't fully healed yet. Not to mention horrible-sounding diseases and syndromes, with a show-and-tell of bags, devices, and tubes. Then they need two attempts to step all the way up onto the tee pad, and without a run-up or moving their off-arm at all, hit the anchor lock.

Did you ever play with the MA55s at Worlds? I've never heard so much moaning about parts that don't work, are due to be replaced, or are new and haven't fully healed yet. Not to mention horrible-sounding diseases and syndromes, with a show-and-tell of bags, devices, and tubes. Then they need two attempts to step all the way up onto the tee pad, and without a run-up or moving their off-arm at all, hit the anchor lock.
This made me laugh. My buddy won that division this year. (y):cool: