• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gran Canyon Lawsuit

Let me get this straight...a guy who has played DG for years, including competently in tournaments, is suing Paul for getting hit by a disc in the leg? This is the same state that lets you shoot someone and get off scot-free?

I believe he got hit in the head.

Let me get this straight...a guy who has played DG for years, including competently in tournaments, is suing Paul for getting hit by a disc in the leg? This is the same state that lets you shoot someone and get off scot-free?

My guess is he knows Paul has a lot of money and is hoping they'll settle out of court for a nondisclosed amount

The only good reason I could see to sue other than medical bills would be to get a hazardous area fixed. If it's a constant danger area of negligence then I could see fighting the good fight to get it changed.

Sounds like he's a slimeball though.

Anyone ever heard of any other private course owners getting sued? I know of some cases with municipalities and injuries of passers by but not anything private being sued by what was in effect a customer.

So he gets hit and sues Paul and Paul has to close the course...

But if Nikko is right this guy has not payed Kastaplast and Clash ALOT of money and got sued. . .but can keep his store open?

But if Nikko is right this guy has not payed Kastaplast and Clash ALOT of money and got sued. . .but can keep his store open?

...or can his creditors meet him on the steps of the courthouse, and grab their share of the $50,000 as he exits with it?

(Not that I believe there'll be any $50,000).

I don't have the link or anything.....but I recall while I was online yesterday reading about this, that I saw a comment that he (the person suing) USED to be the TD for the tournament and he lost out this year in running it. So it seems like a poor sport....."I can't be the TD so I'm going to sue and shut down the tournament."

I don't have the link or anything.....but I recall while I was online yesterday reading about this, that I saw a comment that he (the person suing) USED to be the TD for the tournament and he lost out this year in running it. So it seems like a poor sport....."I can't be the TD so I'm going to sue and shut down the tournament."

Patently false- Mike Barnett has been running the events there ever since the course got resurrected.

Yeah that should just doesn't seem right, especially if he's played as much as everyone is saying he has. I've been hit multiple times while playing, and in one case I was standing on the edge of a teepad and was next to tee when it happened, during tournament play (idk if he got stroked by his card for that though)

The only time I could see suing would be if it's a known risk area, and it's on the player who threw the disc and hit me, and I be suing for negligence, as it's an unwritten rule to make sure the playing area is clear before you throw.

Merica….

Patently false- Mike Barnett has been running the events there ever since the course got resurrected.

Thanks.....I figured someone would know if that was true or not. There's lots of information online and it's not always true. I was going to see if I could find where I read that at, but now I won't. It was probably in the comments posted on IceBerg's YT video about the lawsuit.

Sounds like the kind of guy that would put himself in the middle of the range and run around trying to get hit so he could then sue.

A bit tin foil hat, but there are certainly people that will do stuff like this.

Latest posts