• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip bag Review - 11/21/12

Bugz36984;1702353[IMG said:
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31199&stc=1&d=1353808513[/IMG]

Yours has a bit of that weird almost S-like curve/lean to it too (like mine). Hmm. Are those plastic bars on the bottom of yours square or do they form more of a parallelogram like this?

parogram2.gif

BTW, by my count you've got 19 discs in there and have room for one or two more in the main pocket.

Yours has a bit of that weird almost S-like curve/lean to it too (like mine). Hmm. Are those plastic bars on the bottom of yours square or do they form more of a parallelogram like this?

parogram2.gif

BTW, by my count you've got 19 discs in there and have room for one or two more in the main pocket.

16 in there now. I throw mostly fairway drivers for control since I don't have a big arm (Max out around 370'). Was testing out some katanas and destroyers today for open field distance so I took out the majority of my mids to add those.

please share how di you do this and where do i get the parts. i love this mod.

Everything was purchase at my local Jo Ann Fabrics, but I'm sure the materials could be found a Michaels, or Hobby Lobbie as well.

I bought some 1" Nylon, you can go in and cut exactly what you need and they charge you by length, so you don't need to buy a whole roll. I also bought the D-rings, not sure on size, just picked up what I thought would fit the nylon. And last, I bought a 5/8" brass snap kit. It comes with snaps, front and back, and the tool needed to seal them together.

I cut my nylon to 4.5' in length, folded it in half, then cut an X in the nylon, through the top piece and bottom piece (when folded), with an exacto knife. Then slid the D-ring on. Then folded again so my X's lined up, put the front snap and back snap on, placed on the tool used to connect them, and whacked it with a hammer. Voila!

Oh, and I singed my ends on the snap side with a lighter so my ends weren't freyed :)

16 in there now.

Yes, and three in the putter pocket makes 19, so with the one or two more you can fit in the main pocket you're at the 20+ Grip told you you could fit in the bag. That's all. :)

Did you see my question about the lean and the rails on the bottom? Are they square or slightly offset forming a parallelogram type shape?

Yes, and three in the putter pocket makes 19, so with the one or two more you can fit in the main pocket you're at the 20+ Grip told you you could fit in the bag. That's all. :)

Did you see my question about the lean and the rails on the bottom? Are they square or slightly offset forming a parallelogram type shape?

I was under the impression the 18-20 was main compartment, didn't think of including the putter pocket (brain fart). So, with that complaint, I'll just shut up b/c I have no arguement there I suppose, I'll just stand corrected. But my plastic on the bottom are squared up, however my plastic inserts inside the main compartment that line the left side and right side (where the large side pockets are), are extremely warped. Ive tried taken them out and rolling them up, so when released they straighten out, but they go right back to being S shaped inserts which then gives my bag that S lean.

I was under the impression the 18-20 was main compartment, didn't think of including the putter pocket (brain fart). So, with that complaint, I'll just shut up b/c I have no arguement there I suppose, I'll just stand corrected. But my plastic on the bottom are squared up, however my plastic inserts inside the main compartment that line the left side and right side (where the large side pockets are), are extremely warped. Ive tried taken them out and rolling them up, so when released they straighten out, but they go right back to being S shaped inserts which then gives my bag that S lean.
try flipping sides. i did this for a week and then put them back. seems to have worked. trick is getting them back in.

Actually mine seems to have straightened itself out a little bit through use.

The pink triangle was a lot more like the parallelogram I showed above, and the sides were much more S-shaped before. Perhaps carrying it a lot more on just my right shoulder or just carrying it or just letting it sit and rest has been good for it. But then again you've had yours longer than I have, so that's probably not it.

I think I remember taking the inside walls out to switch them, but then putting them back because one side was clearly padded and the other wasn't, so I didn't want to monkey with that. (Yeah, still have the padding facing out.) They were a pain to get back in.

Here are some quickie pics of how the bag I have looks now. Bit too large to embed so I'll leave it as an attachment.

Attachments

• +grip_bag.jpg
    +grip_bag.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 80
Yeah. I just took out my side panels, kind of worked them a bit to get them straighter and switched the sides so the padding is facing in. The bag is pretty straight up now. Although my problem wasn't quite the same. It was more that my panels were bowing inwards due to the box it was shipped in so the bag looked like it sagged.

Anybody know what the numbers mean on the little bag tag thing that it comes with?

I wonder if my bag is slightly smaller, I can't get any disc in the pocket on the cover of the main pocket and they are all 21.2 cm discs.

another note tied to my last comment about not fitting a disc in the outside front pocket that appear to hold a disc in the Signature Edition video. I wrote Grip and asked them if all the bags were the same size but they never replied. I then sent them most of the review I wrote here and again never heard anything. Maybe their Contact Us page has an issue but at the moment I'm not impressed with the customer service. Played another couple of rounds with the bag and I am amazed at how much less tired I am with this bag!!

I wonder if my bag is slightly smaller, I can't get any disc in the pocket on the cover of the main pocket and they are all 21.2 cm discs.

I have a Clay/Coal and I can jam a Wizard in there. It's a bit tight, but it'll go without feeling like I'm causing any damage (and likely loosen up a little if I were to do it repeatedly). The elastic section on the front/bottom easily holds a disc as well (I store a few minis there).

Latest posts