• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip EQ A Series "Fit"...

High and Tight... the first week i had my grip I did have back pain. It was because my back was used to carrying my gorilla boy chimp with quad straps with BAD posture. After a week of steady play, my back never felt better during play. I'm 5'10" 230lbs.

Lighten your bag as much as possible, given the envirionment of the day you're playing.

Take only what you need to survive!

spaceballs_matched_luggage-scaled5001.jpg

Take only what you need to survive!

spaceballs_matched_luggage-scaled5001.jpg

it amazes me how many people I know who have never seen Spaceballs. Love that movie! Mel Brooks is a funny dude, History of the world is another favorite.

Lots of Grip threads on here, and every one has someone complaining about fit in them so I wasn't sure where to post this. I figured here was the best place since the thread title mentions fit specifically.

I purchased the A-frame in November. I already had the L-frame and loved it, but wanted a bag that could fit another disc or two and the A-frame seemed promising. I haven't played since I got the A-frame due to health reasons but I will resume play in late April and will have a lot more comparisons by then. For now, here is the main thing I noticed between the two bag styles that may affect fit for some people:

The A-frame bag is taller and as a result the straps at the top attach a couple inches below the top of the bag, lower than the L-frame. For those that like to have their bag ride high (like myself) this can be an issue. With the L-frame bag I can adjust the straps pretty high for a tight fit, and when I do that the handle of the bag would rest against my neck. No big deal, since the straps attach close enough to the top of the bag that there is plenty of room for the handle to flex back over the top and not apply any pressure on my neck. No discomfort. With the A-series that is not the case. Since the straps attach a couple inches below the top of the bag, the handle of the bag can't flex back like it can in the L-frame... They push up against the back of the bag. Therefore if you adjust the straps for the bag to fit snug and ride high on your back, the handle will dig into your neck causing some discomfort. To correct this you would need to loosen the straps so there is more slack up top, but then you lower the bag enough where it's no longer flush against your back and is riding more on your a**.

Pictures of the handle in case you have problems picturing what I said.... Notice how much more travel the L-series has in the handle compared to the A-series.

9hlye79.png

alOUkZS.png

Last but not least, any claim that the A-frame was redesigned to make it more stable is wishful thinking. It's just as unstable as the L-frame except the A-frame is more likely to fall on its face (where the disc flap is) and the L-frame is more likely to fall on its back (where the straps are).

Last edited:
At the fox valley ice bowl we laid 3 a series side by side (including mine) and there was noticeable difference in how they all sat.....Mine considerably leaned much more forward than the others. There is definitely a difference in how this stability thing played out. I sent them an email asking about how the bag is supposed to rest and have not gotten a reply. Anybody else notice this?

......I miss my L series

edit....just realized this is a fit thread....lol.....mine fits great, if anything I think its just as comfy as my L series.

I bailed on mine. Played first round today with Quad Shocks and an Innova Deluxe (my old setup) and felt great. No issues. That bag F'd me up and I didn't miss cleaning a bunch of snow off the discs in the bag after it tipped over.

I have a glass back and have found the Grip takes away a lot of post round pain. Keep it high and use the chest strap. If you want a bag for ultimate comfort. The Mahal fits the bill. Kind of a pain to set up and adjust the yoke, but once it's dialed in. It's very comfortable and I tend to carry way to much stuff in the Mahal ( at least a few more pounds thean the Grip). Like I've said before. For ME, the Grip is the best designed bag, but the Mahal is the best in quality and comfort.

I had to get rid of my L-series because it was causing my back pain. I'm short and wide and couldn't get it to ride comfortably unless the straps were shortened all the way up so it rides high enough to get off my hip/low back which would bruise. Also something about the way the weight is distributed tended to cause back issues as well. Well shortening the straps also made it really hard to get the bag on and off especially because I'm so wide in the shoulders and so I would have to arch my back to get my arm through. I feel like the bag is designed to fit taller/skinny people.

Latest posts