• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip EQ A-Series Large Tour Bag

I agree with you. That being said, I am still using the same bag a purchased 4 years ago. A lightly used Innova Deluxe with a set of Innova straps. I have $40 invested into it, and I've probably used it for 500+ rounds. It looks virtually the same as the day I got it, with slightly faded fabric. Any bag, when taken care of and treated well, should last for several years. I suppose part of it comes down to how well an individual treats their personal property.

I agree 100% with this. As long as you don't throw or kick your bag after a bad shot it should last a long time :p As long as you respect your stuff, then it won't have to be replaced all of the time

I agree 100% with this. As long as you don't throw or kick your bag after a bad shot it should last a long time :p As long as you respect your stuff, then it won't have to be replaced all of the time

Yep. I just got my Large Tour bag about 2 months ago. As much as I dig the new look, I'm going to stick with what I've got until she dies.

The price doesn't scare me too much. It's a bit high, but not out of the realm for quality backpacks and Grip makes some of the best. However, as a current Grip owner, as well as a Prodiscus owner, I can't see a reason to fork out the money for this right now. Looks more like an evolution of design rather than a revolution.

Still looks like a great, quality bag, just not for me right now.

I read the blurb on their site, but what exactly are the "improvements" on these bags? Looks the same to me.

I read the blurb on their site, but what exactly are the "improvements" on these bags? Looks the same to me.

You can easily fit a disc on the front flap, color options (obviously) and I think the side pockets might be a little bit bigger. We'll all probably have to wait until someone on here buys one and does a comparison to know for sure, though.

I think the biggest changes are the padding on the back and the change of shape on the bottom. I'd be really curious to see some good side by side images of the L vs A bags. I'm sure they will be coming soon. They are also saying 21+ vs 20+ discs not that that is a big difference.

They also say 580 cubic inch storage, I wonder if that is actually larger than the original or the same.

You can easily fit a disc on the front flap, color options (obviously).

This is a good point, that is where the extra disc comes in. LOL. Not sure how I didn't realize that.

What happened to the logos on the straps and the logos on the side pockets. Hmmmm. I really like those on the L series. I am not that impressed with the new bags. They took away a few things to add a few. I don't have a problem spending that on a bag. I just don't see the extra $52. I will be sticking with my black and a LE orange L series. Which will last me for years to come. (Remember this is my opinion) Flame on. :popcorn:

Last edited:
21+ disc capacity
9.5L (580 cubic in) storage for clothing
Carries two 32 oz. water bottles
Quiver pocket with putters up to 2" closer to fingertips
Easier access to main disc compartment
2x thicker padding
Refined shape for more stability on uneven ground
Best materials in the world
Guaranteed for Life
Lifetime membership to DGPTV
AND MORE...

So my 2 cent. You can carry more discs, also the front pocket can carry 1 putter of 2 drivers i have read somewhere today. pencil pockets up top. Color options. 2x the padding from the other ones. Suppose to stand on uneven ground better and a few more things i guess if you read or get into all the info you can find out more.

When you spend $252 on a bag you don't expect to be a walking billboard. It really detracts from the appearance of the bag. I was considering buying their "improved" bag, but I'm not too sure anymore.

I'm still holding out hope that I can make it onto their review team. Sounds like they have it whittled down to 60 possibles, and I'm one of the 60 (got an email the other day) but no idea when they announce it, or how many spots they have. It would be a great gig though.

Regarding price, Grip still has the best warranty out there, followed by Mystery Ranch and then Physical Flight. Also, Grip changed the game when it came to how we carry discs. Even my beloved PF Contender is a variant in some ways of the Grip. Really a hybrid of the Grip and the DualPack. 252 bucks isn't that outrageous considering it will last your entire lifetime.

Am I the only one who likes the look of the new bag? Walking billboard? I wear shirts and shoes with the same amount of logos (and bigger logos). My discs are billboards. They want people to see the bags and recognize the brand. Talk about the SIZE of the logo if you want, but it says Grip and has their logo once each.

Am I the only one who likes the look of the new bag? Walking billboard? I wear shirts and shoes with the same amount of logos (and bigger logos). My discs are billboards. They want people to see the bags and recognize the brand. Talk about the SIZE of the logo if you want, but it says Grip and has their logo once each.

I think it looks great, but that price tag is not ok for me.

I got a Spinal Tap coming, so I'm off the market for a new bag. But, I think the A series look awesome, and the color choices are sick, IMO. $250 is steep, but people are gonna buy them. I had to sell my old bag and some "hard to part with" discs to pre-order my Voodoo bag. Still had to pay $100 out of pocket. This addiction is no joke.

I was hoping for some big cushy straps like the BHG Ergo has. For $252 they shouldn't have the same straps as my $50 Ogio backpack. Other than that I think it looks like a great upgrade my 4 year old Innova Deluxe.

totally just splurged. my golf mahal may get jealous. if it does, i won't mind.

I got a Spinal Tap coming, so I'm off the market for a new bag. But, I think the A series look awesome, and the color choices are sick, IMO. $250 is steep, but people are gonna buy them. I had to sell my old bag and some "hard to part with" discs to pre-order my Voodoo bag. Still had to pay $100 out of pocket. This addiction is no joke.

how's the spinal tap treating you? still have yet to see one in person. would like to.

I hate the shades of blue and red in these bags. The blue is a pale almost blue green color. Not my color blue. Too bad, I might have gone for a good blue.

Also, not enough information about the disc capacity and storage space. What fits in the storage?

Although I think the Grip EQ name may be a bit much on the new bags, the sheer VOLUME of logos on the L-series sort of drives me crazy.

To each their own. :popcorn:

Latest posts