• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip EQ A-Series Large Tour Bag

Only change I'm not crazy about is the little quotes/tag lines on the drink holders, but bit isn't a huge problem

DJ headphones.

They are blank. Not trying to fuel the fire, just knew about these :thmbup:

Haha, I'll take your word that these are quality? (I'm no DJ, lol).

Read slower.

I comprehend your post. I'm using exaggeration as a way of disagreement (i.e. I disagree first in your logic, and disagree second that the size of their logo qualifies as a billboard).

Oh internets, how I loathe the lack of subtext.

Got my gray/green. Quite a transition from a standard DG bag. Anything you guys wanna know? Specific photos?

No -- i don't have an L series to compare.

Here are some initial impressions:
  1. The screenprinting on the bag is very well done and much more appealing in person than in the photos.
  2. My rainfly is black. However the screenprinting on the Rain Fly is CRAZY overdone. Photos soon. It's basically a 12"x12" solid screenprint logo.
  3. The pencil holders on the front -- one should be a shorty for a golf pencil, the other one should be full sized for a pen or sharpie.
  4. There really needs to be D-Ring somewhere on the front of the bag to clip a towel/bag tag too. I guess i'll use carabiner around the compression straps.

Here's a few things

Kinda ugly rainfly. The background of the logo is the text saying "Developed on tour, enjoyed in all conditions
IMG_20130524_183022_zpsf6aff0cf.jpg

Logos on drink holdersI'm also not crazy about (another on the other holder)
IMG_20130524_183145_zpse3813300.jpg

The flap pocket is now MUCH bigger. I had a Selinski, so I could get a disc in there, but it was tight on a Firebird. Now it can hold a mid no problem. The front pouch can also hold a mid fine, just makes getting discs in and out difficult
IMG_20130524_183050_zps507896e4.jpg

Not sure. The A series is is taller. I sold my Selinski, so I can't put it on there to find out. I'll try to get a buddy's and try

I don't remember reading anything saying the bag was taller... just that the putter quiver can be raised 2" closer than it could be on the L-series.

thank you for sparing me from taking photos of the rainfly... it is by far the worst looking part of the bag.

The logos on the drink holders don't bother me.

Quote from Dan in an email

Lots of design changes. The major ones are:

1. Shape: slightly taller, leans slightly forward, center of gravity further forward to improve stability on uneven ground
2. Redesigned putter pocket (simpler and more durable)
3. 2x thicker padding
4. Pencil pocket higher up, for easier access when the bag is sitting on the ground
5. Wider flap opening for easier access to discs
6. Along with 5, wider flap pocket, with improved