• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip EQ is offering a reward for the return of Paul McBeth's stolen bag.

Grip EQ

Grip is offering $1,000 cash and a new black A14 Grip bag to anyone who returns the bag + discs or provides verifiable information leading to their recovery to tournament officials. You can also PM us here or on our Facebook Page.

We know that DGCR does not tolerate thieves and fervently safeguards the reputation of Disc Golf as a sport. We sincerely hope that someone will come forward and help us right this wrong.

Thank you for reading!

Why? Free discs and a bag just replace the crap... I mean I guess but seems like you might be giving $ to someone who helped steal the damn thing lol.

Why? Free discs and a bag just replace the crap... I mean I guess but seems like you might be giving $ to someone who helped steal the damn thing lol.

Yeah, we talked a lot about that idea but right now we're mostly interested in trying to get Paul his tools back for the rest of the tournament. In a perfect world someone will come forward and lead to the thief being caught rather than the thief themselves benefiting.

is the inventory accurate?

I just watched the spin TV video of McBeth's what's in the bag. When he was in Australia. Are the discs that were stolen the same ones that were in the video? He had some very unique discs. If any of them come up for auction, they will be easily recognized.

I watched that too. Ironic that it came out just a day or two before they were stolen. No way his back up bag had appropriate replacements for the well seasoned champ plastic discs that were a year or more into being broken in.

I watched that too. Ironic that it came out just a day or two before they were stolen. No way his back up bag had appropriate replacements for the well seasoned champ plastic discs that were a year or more into being broken in.

Why you say that? These guys get all the free discs they want plus they practice like fiends. I'm sure he had plenty of discs to replace what was taken. At least I hope he did.
I will have to say, I think that the drama surrounding the stolen bag did shake him a bit.
I'm happy for Jerm winning, but I was rooting for Paul.

Why you say that? These guys get all the free discs they want plus they practice like fiends. I'm sure he had plenty of discs to replace what was taken. At least I hope he did.
I will have to say, I think that the drama surrounding the stolen bag did shake him a bit.
I'm happy for Jerm winning, but I was rooting for Paul.

I think his point is that the back-ups are back-ups for a reason. Surely Paul had thrown them all quite a few times, but obviously he had a lot more time and experience throwing the primary ones that were in his bag. There are probably subtle differences between, say, his primary Thunderbird and its back-up just from normal wear and tear. Not a big enough difference that he can't make it work, but there is a difference nonetheless.

No, the point is that IT WAS HIS BAG OF DISCS.

The "he gets them for free" excuse is a load, A HUGE LOAD, of BS. Sounds like people are trying to defend stealing because he didn't pay for them.

Weak.

The "he gets them for free" excuse is a load, A HUGE LOAD, of BS. Sounds like people are trying to defend stealing because he didn't pay for them.

Weak.

Exactly! I am FAR from being a pro, but have been playing for almost 15 years now, and playing tournaments almost as long. I have "won" a lot of plastic during that time, and have my primary tournament discs, and backups to everything as well. The backups I can and have made work, but it's just not the same as what you throw most often. The scumbag who took his stuff will eventually get caught, there's just no way he can get around it. Kudos to Grip for trying to help recover it, that is a first class move! Those of us who play thank you, and I'm sure you have just swayed some fans your way, and hopefully gain a few more sales from it as well!

Weak.

i wouldn't even be that upset myself. I cant imagine a top pro like mcbeth really cares. Internet disc golfers are really sensitive and weird though.

i wouldn't even be that upset myself. I cant imagine a top pro like mcbeth really cares. Internet disc golfers are really sensitive and weird though.

Have you ever had anything of significance stolen from you? Being the victim of a crime can be shaking.

Well, hopefully in the words of the immortal admiral Acbar.. "It's a trap!"

And if not it should be. :)

The bag and discs will likely end up at a pawn shop or some PIAS.

How did his full bag get stolen anyways? Out of his car or during a practice round?

lol... well disc golf discs and a bag are not all that significant IMO.

Had MUCH worse get stolen. Disc Golf Discs can easily be replaced (that's why you don't throw expensive OOP to begin with lol we toss them around tall grass and dirty ponds :doh:)

And most disc golf bags cost less than a suitcase and are basically just full of toys. Get serious man.

lol... well disc golf discs and a bag are not all that significant IMO.

Had MUCH worse get stolen. Disc Golf Discs can easily be replaced (that's why you don't throw expensive OOP to begin with lol we toss them around tall grass and dirty ponds :doh:)

And most disc golf bags cost less than a suitcase and are basically just full of toys. Get serious man.

While true for about 99.9% of us, those toys are what pays Paul's bills. I can sympathize with that. Dude will obviously survive, but it is an inconvenience.

He still took second. Dude truly earns the name "McBeast" for sure.

But between what Grip is doing for him and the guy that started the gofundme to give Paul money, he can at least feel good that he has support out there. Mentally it might be a very different thing, but at least he has the support. I personally didn't donate to the gofundme (I won't get into why here) but I know it has a decent amount of money in there. Good show of support from the community.

Not too expensive?....Let's say he had 20 discs in his bag....at $17 that's $340. The bag he was using, was probably about $150 (I'm going low). With towels, mini's, etc....you are looking at well over $500. The monetary side alone will shake anyone, but the main thing is it was HIS stuff. It was his "toolbox"....he had things where he wanted them, not just his discs, but rulebook, towels, pencils, mini, etc... I have some things in my bag that are not worth anything on the market, but to me have great memories. People think, well, he has discs to replace, just go on. And to a slight degree it is true, however, disc golf is as MENTAL as it is physical. When you have something like this happen, it gets to you mentally. Yes, the bag, discs, towels are replaced, and yes you can go on, but pulling out that one disc, and remembering that "one time when..." happened with it, or anything else in your bag that has a certain memory, that CANNOT be replaced. Yes, that does shake you up. And when mental aspects like that are part of how you make your living, it is a big deal, more than just how much $ it is worth.

i dunno. i struggle to see the "mental" side of disc golf. i just stand on the concrete thing and throw at the metal thing and walk around.

i doubt paul really cares half as much as people on the internet do.