• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip EQ large bag

Coldpunk

Par Member
88fc3c5b.jpg

There was another pic here but apparently you can't post 6 in a single post. You'll have to go to dgr to see it...

2fabc650.jpg

da3263ba.jpg

dc4d07bf.jpg

87e9caee.jpg

Played a round with mine this afternoon. I'm going to keep my putters in the two lower putter pockets. The bungee on in the front, and the one on the flap of the main compartment. The flap has velcro underneath to attach it inside the main compartment keeping it out of the way and it keeps that putter pocket at an angle making it easy to access that putter(now that I think about it I might put my favorite mid in that one for easy access).

The main compartment has 16 discs with room to spare(5 mids 11 drivers) in the pics I posted. I can put three more drivers in, or two drivers and a mid or putter before it gets snug. You can cram 5 putters in the three putter pockets. Two in the quiver one on top, one in the flap pocket, and two more in the bungee front pocket.

Definitely not enough room to stuff an xl heavy sweatshirt, but there is enough room for two long sleeve shirts rolled up tight and a rain shell jacket in a side pocket. The umbrella/stool holder is nice and there's one on each side so you can bring both if you were so inclined. There are also pen/pencil pockets on either side of the front bungee putter pocket.

Overall very impressed with the bag. I especially like that it rides high on your back. I think the coolest little but of engineering I've found on it so far is how the nalgene pockets drain. At first I was disappointed that there wasn't a grommet in the bottom but upon further inspection there is a little cutaway where the pocket meets the body of the bag for it to drain.

Now lookit here son, why did you have go and post this? Now I want one, and nice Rattlers!

Sorry for the thread jack. The bag looks great! Cant wait to get mine!

You just destroyed my patience for my bag. Ill take several pictures in less than a week when I have it, and add some scenery. Ill put the pics next to a revo bag, and Gorilla Boy Gorilla. Wish there was a simian nearby I could side-by-side...

Cmon folks, has anyone else here received their bag yet?

As far as keeping your putters in the lower putter pocket... Does that get in the way of pulling discs out of the main compartment at all?

These bags don't look all that great to me,I'd rather have my carolina any day.

Yeah, I'm not entirely sold on the aesthetics as well. How does the internal stitching look? From the way it's made as far as I can tell, it looked like the discs in the main compartment would pull that pocket away and end up with that lowest putter pocket bearing some of its weight.

I need to see it in person and probably have it on/see it on someone. I'm not in the market, but never know about the future.

I'd like one for easier traveling since I'm planning to start branching out on freetime to get new courses/see the world.

These bags don't look all that great to me,I'd rather have my carolina any day.

Not to diss anyone..but I feel the same way. They just don't seem THAT great. I am interested in seeing how long they hold up since they are made in china.

I'm still interested but I was hoping that the side pockets would have more storage

up here in the hinterland extra storage is key

Yeah, I'm not entirely sold on the aesthetics as well. How does the internal stitching look? From the way it's made as far as I can tell, it looked like the discs in the main compartment would pull that pocket away and end up with that lowest putter pocket bearing some of its weight.

there is only one putter pocket. the op is doing it wrong.

Pretty sure one of the promo pictures of avery was him using the top pocket for his putter

Edit : yeah it's the first post in the old grip thread lol. He has two putters in it

Very impressed with the craftsmanship of the bag. There are tons of really cool features to be found that I was not expecting, a few being the adjustable quiver for putters, the drainage for the drink holders, and even the little bit of elastic added to the sternum strap was a nice touch.
Comparing to my Revo Dualpack, not much of a comparison, the only loss is the ability to stuff an XL hoodie in the bag which can be done with the Revo. However, beyond that, these two bags are not on the same level.

Anyone could get along fine with a Dualpack, no doubt about it. If you are a big nerd like me that loves to have the best gadgets and tech stuff you are going to want this bag because no other offers the level of detail and design of the Grip bag.

This bag is going to be amazing for the disc golf market as it will push other companies to try to match or improve upon it in terms of design/comfort.