• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip EQ large bag

Optimism sucks.

At times yes, but sometimes it gets us through the most difficult times. Don't lose that optimism for much anything else my friend. And don't worry, there is a bag out there for everyone. Hopefully my video will help ya out :)

At times yes, but sometimes it gets us through the most difficult times. Don't lose that optimism for much anything else my friend. And don't worry, there is a bag out there for everyone. Hopefully my video will help ya out :)

Word! I'm back and I gots hope coming out my eye holes! Maybe tomorrow will be a four hundred feet/first ace/2 eagle day!

And word to the video!

did you guys really think embroidery was expensive? / more expensive than screen printing?

i hope these things are like $400 - $500 dollars. for the same reasons you guys like pay to play courses.

More expensive than embroidery? sounds like a possible price increase rather than decrease.

djfantastic is right, if you were hoping we'd start using lower quality materials or lower quality processes in order to produce a bargain bag, this release is going to disappoint you. There are a number of lower cost options out there, if that's what you're looking for. That's just not what we do.

If you were hoping we made the best disc golf bag in the world better, then I think you'll like what we have to offer.

There will be a full announcement with all the specs and features in the morning. The limited initial run of the A-series will be available to order on grip-eq.com beginning at noon CDT, with guaranteed next day shipping. If you're near Austin, Kansas City, or Madison, check them out tomorrow at Disc Nation, Disc Golf World, or Glide. In-store events at other pro shops will follow over the course of the week.

Grip Equipment

P.S. Why is it called the A-series? Here's a hint:

A-series_blue_view5_mirror.jpg

djfantastic is right, if you were hoping we'd start using lower quality materials or lower quality processes in order to produce a bargain bag, this release is going to disappoint you. There are a number of lower cost options out there, if that's what you're looking for. That's just not what we do.

If you were hoping we made the best disc golf bag in the world better, then I think you'll like what we have to offer.

There will be a full announcement with all the specs and features in the morning. The limited initial run of the A-series will be available to order on grip-eq.com beginning at noon CDT, with guaranteed next day shipping. If you're near Austin, Kansas City, or Madison, check them out tomorrow at Disc Nation, Disc Golf World, or Glide. In-store events at other pro shops will follow over the course of the week.

Grip Equipment

Mr. 2 Names, all I have to say is Giggidy Giggidy. :thmbup:

did you guys really think embroidery was expensive? / more expensive than screen printing?

i hope these things are like $400 - $500 dollars. for the same reasons you guys like pay to play courses.

I believe people like P2P because it means cleaner, more exclusive, challenging courses. Not because they like throwing away money

Grip Equipment

avogzm.jpg

uh ok...

Switching to ball golf is the easiest way to take care of your need to buy expensive, though well made, things.

Grip Equipment

But what about those of us who want the same quality and a cheaper price? Impossible, you say? I say you are probably right as I have no concept of the production costs on a product that is still relatively niche. I just want to buy one so bad and I'm not pretty enough to sell my body on the street!

I think what DJ Fantastic (insert record scratch here) is trying to say is that everyone should buy a Physical Flight (insert product name here).

:p

They're shipping it starting at noon tomorrow. Not sure what anyone would be testing with these new bags if they're already released to the wild.

I think what DJ Fantastic (insert record scratch here) is trying to say is that everyone should buy a Physical Flight (insert product name here).

:p

haha you know me too well, but in all seriousness, I was seriously just curious to see if there was going to be a price difference. I got my answer and won't say anymore about it. Good luck to grip with the release.

They're shipping it starting at noon tomorrow. Not sure what anyone would be testing with these new bags if they're already released to the wild.

I don't know how limited the release tomorrow will be, but I could see testers getting this or getting something different. It wouldn't surprise me either way.

I can't picture a company with a product worth that much giving out free bags. It would be something new to the DG world, and something that definitely separates them from the rest of the bag makers.

Last edited:
The outsourcing alone should be lowering the cost.

Agreed. At $200 I had always just assumed they were manufactured stateside. When I found out the other day that they're from Taiwan I was pretty bummed.
If these new bags are nice enough, and the price has come down into the outsourced price range I'll buy anyway out of sheer necessity.

I'm also curious what's going to happen with the signature edition bags. Are all the players who have signature edition bags going to get a new similar sig edition bag? or will they be totally different? or, gasp, will those players not be getting a new sig bag?

Last edited:
@Gorilla Wraith and a Giggidy to you too :hfive:

@djjazzyjeff yes. turn that L-series 270 counter clockwise in your head. if i say any more, i've left the realm of "hint", and I'm going to hear it from marketing tomorrow morning.

@drblam don't sell your body on the street! it's an awesome bag, but it's not worth THAT. Also, if you want to bring down the cost of premium disc golf gear, here's what you do:

1. Get all your friends to play
2. Get all their friends to play
3. Make more friends
4. Repeat

Or, even better, encourage women to play. That helps all by itself, AND it makes steps 1-4 easier.

Latest posts