• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip EQ large bag

Got my SR yesterday. The minor improvements seem solid and the t-shirt was a cool bonus.

The only issue that I had with my FR was the putter pocket. It was improperly sewn and tearing at the top of the seam. It was also too narrow for two discs.

I also noticed that the fabric was changed. I like the look of the old fabric better, but it is not an issue for me and it just related to asthetic preference. I didn't read up on the fabric types or benefits of either, but I trust there was a good reason for the change.

Mine SR does not have D rings in the main disc compartment like the FR did. I am a bit bummed about this. I used both of the internal D rings on my FR and wish I still had that option.

I may continue to use my FR until it is too busted up to use. Then I will make the switch...maybe...
You'll dig the new fabric from a duability standpoint. He uses Cordura for the new bags. That was one of the reasons I was on the fence about the bag, because the FR were nylon. Once you tear nylon it's hard to stop it from continuing to rip.

If he wanted the first runs back he would have asked for them. I gave mine to a friend for watering the lawn while I was out of town. 2 people are happy to have a GripEQ bag now and he can't complain about the defects too much because it was free to him.

They do feel more durable then th FR for sure. The straps feel better too

^^ I too was curious about that. I never heard anything about returning the FR. If I need to return it, I will do so happily as he made good on his "lifetime guarantee" replacement. I am pretty sure he can't do much with my FR since I have a patch glued onto mine that says "COACH."

I asked Justin specifically about that. He said to keep it.

I too got my 2R yesterday. Will likely be selling my 1R. Still in good shape so if anyone is interested...

In light of this new info, I will definately be keeping my first and second.

Just my opinion, but I don't think it would be right to sell either bag and profit (essentially in the form of a free bag) off of J@. I feel he made right by me (by replacing the FR bag) and I don't wanna steal any potential business from him by selling to someone that could have bought from him. Especially when he could have asked for old bags back (which I would have happily sent). I know others will disagree with this, but it is just my opinion. Some will argue that due to the wait time, they are entitled to do what they want. I agree others can do that and I won't harbor negativity towards them (like they even care), I will just not be selling either of mine. Also remember that the FRs likely no longer has a "lifetime guarantee" as they have already been replaced. This, along with any wear and tear or original manufacturing problems, should decrease the value of the FR to the next potential buyer.

Just my opinion, but I don't think it would be right to sell either bag and profit (essentially in the form of a free bag) off of J@. I feel he made right by me (by replacing the FR bag) and I don't wanna steal any potential business from him by selling to someone that could have bought from him. Especially when he could have asked for old bags back (which I would have happily sent). I know others will disagree with this, but it is just my opinion. Some will argue that due to the wait time, they are entitled to do what they want. I agree others can do that and I won't harbor negativity towards them (like they even care), I will just not be selling either of mine. Also remember that the FRs likely no longer has a "lifetime guarantee" as they have already been replaced. This, along with any wear and tear or original manufacturing problems, should decrease the value of the FR to the next potential buyer.

I feel the same way. I will use both bags when I travel on the weekends.

I completely agree. I actually have given my FR to a buddy who would not have the means to get such a nice bag himself.

Se I was wondering about part of this. How in the world is he going to offer a lifetime warrtenty on these and not get the old ones back. I sure hope people dont take advantage of getting secondhand bags and then getting a free bag down the line. There is no way that you can stop the warrenty on FR's because there are alot of people that have had no problems at this point but could at a later time. Or what about the people that sold their non defective FR's to people. Those people should have a warrenty also since they bought the bag. I think to cover his a$$ he should have got the bags back but I guess he will have to deal with that later, or hopefully not.

found where all your guys' grip bags you've been waiting on went.

282766_10150720149600637_877490636_19763990_1031082_n.jpg

I got my 2 tone, Im not worried where the others are. Thanks though

man, i had to re read what I said. I was right, I said you guys, not Roc1Time.

juju got the humor.

Cool to see there are good people out there that agree with me. :thmbup:

I also think it is cool to give the bags to someone that will appreciate it but could not otherwise afford one.

I also thought about using one as a DG bag and the other as a travel bag for long DG weekends or other excursions (weekend in Vegas baby!).

I agree with roc1time that this will be difficult for J@ to track and I hope he has a system so that he does not get screwed. I am sure he has a list of original buyers (and can get one from DD and the other retailer he sold to). Maybe you will have to be on that list (or provide the original purchaser's name) in order to have something replaced??? Just a thought, but I am sure this will still not cover everyone.

Anyways, glad the man and his business seem to be on track. Also glad to see that noone is being too vocal about trying to take advantage of him or this situation.

I personally showed mine to J@ at the Memorial. I bought it from one of Booter's friends who is a DGCR member. He honored the warranty.

I personally showed mine to J@ at the Memorial. I bought it from one of Booter's friends who is a DGCR member. He honored the warranty.

See thats what Im talking about. So you get a new one, get rid of the FR to someone else, then they do the same thing. I hope I never need the warrenty on this new one, but I hope situations like that doesnt screw us over if we need it in the future

See thats what Im talking about. So you get a new one, get rid of the FR to someone else, then they do the same thing. I hope I never need the warrenty on this new one, but I hope situations like that doesnt screw us over if we need it in the future

I don't plan on giving mine away. It will carry shirts, shorts and socks just fine on the weekend.

Latest posts