• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip EQ large bag

Justin said on his facebook page that in march they will be receiving the completely reinspected leftovers of the first round (2/25). So that means the bags have been finished since the first big shipment in January and it will be another few weeks until those bags get to the customers.

He never used the word "LEFTOVERS" on his facebook page....just because the 2nd bag production hasn't started doesn't mean that the ones in march are just bags that have been sitting around. Could just mean that there are no changes to the first run.

Last edited:
He said "balance" of the first round. I took it to mean the remaining bags from the first round. Are you privy to info that everyone else isn't?
Bottom line is he said he was going to address the issues for the second run, and according to him the ones coming in march are the remaining 'balance' of the first round.

Could we really only be four days away from the bags being shipped out? I still have yet to any different. Has anything else been posted anywhere?

Have no idea...I got the impression that it will be closer to the end of the month according to the grip facebook page.

I didn't want to search through the whole thread, but one thing I'm curious about is pockets of storage. Are there any small pockets for your more precious things that don't need to bounce around? i.e. phone, wallet, keys, camera. All I see are those giant 2 pockets on the sides. I'm sure you could use the pocket on the top but I'm seeing it being used for a putter pocket.

Any photos that could prove me wrong on that last statement or show me the pocket I'm looking for?

I didn't want to search through the whole thread, but one thing I'm curious about is pockets of storage. Are there any small pockets for your more precious things that don't need to bounce around? i.e. phone, wallet, keys, camera. All I see are those giant 2 pockets on the sides. I'm sure you could use the pocket on the top but I'm seeing it being used for a putter pocket.

Any photos that could prove me wrong on that last statement or show me the pocket I'm looking for?

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showpost.php?p=668533&postcount=24

There are two pockets on the top/front- the lower one is perfect for wallets, phone, scorecards, keys, etc. In fact, there is a little key clip in there as well.

and the side pockets have several compartments inside them:
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showpost.php?p=668530&postcount=22

Friend just got one over the weekend and let me trying it on loaded up with discs, towels, shirts and the bag felt like it was still hardly full. I am now wanting mine even more!!!

I'm having a hard time thinking I'd buy one of these...at least until he gets 500-1000 happy customers and gone through the revisions. $180 is super steep IMO.

Is there anywhere to get on a preorder list?
Not sure if he is still taking pre-orders, but I signed up with Dynamic Discs in Feb. The only other one I know if Is Lifetime Disc Sports (something like that?). Also, Justin has made it clear that these lists have nothing to do with Grip (AKA:Grips pre-order list), but I've been assured by DD that people who are on their list and that have already paid will get a bag. IDK, but I've bought from DD many times and I trust them, so we shall see....

$180 isn't terrible if he gets his business better organized, fixes the few quality issues people have complained about, and establishes a decent track record of customer service. As bags get better designed, and made with better materials they are going to cost more.

I finally got to use mine for a few rounds this past weekend and it feels great on. I have more discs in it than my dual pack did and it feels better on the back for sure. Looking forward to playing more with it.

glad I didn't buy one

Really guys? People are still clamoring for the "ballance" of the first run. Re-inspected or not you are still likely to get a bag that will fail in some way.

Its past March 14th. Anyone have a bag yet? I would bet not.

In all honesty I am very dissapointed to see the way everything to do with this bag has gone. I had high hopes after I saw them at USDGC. I was actually considering buying one of these and selling my gb bag. I'm so gald I didn't.

As for the gen 2 bags. The bare minimum requirement would be to fix the problems with the stiching. If I got one of these bags and the putter pocket, something that is advertized as one of the latest greatest features didn't fit 2 putters without tearing or squishing them I would be pissed. Then it rains and the snaps come off the rainfly. Oh wait the gen 2 bags are gen 1 bags! lol :wall:

Maybe its just me but I believe in doing something right. I would gladly pay $200+ for a bag that was well designed, well built, and did what was advertized. I will not buy a bag that falls apart or is in need of redesign. Wanting other people to covet your bag is no good reason to buy one.

I know this is a rant but the only way we have a voice these days is with our $$. I say don't buy a bag untill its right for real.

The bag won't be able to to through all of the changes without people supporting the company. Also, not EVERYONE has had issues. Just like with any other product...there are going to be a few that have issues..especially this early in the production.

I bought a Grip Eq bag off of this site from a member. I may have overpaid for it but I really just needed another bag to use as a carry on for plane trips. The Grip bag worked perfectly on my trip to the Memorial. While I was in Phoenix I happened to be at Spinners the day that Justin arrived to talk to Dan about selling his bags in the store. Justin used my bag as the demo and I also showed him some potential trouble spots. Even though I bought my bag second hand he offered to stand behind his product. When I got back home I sent him an email and he has responded with an offer to make the repairs. I'm not ready to send my bag back to be repaired because currently all I have is some slight fraying at a seam. I'm confident that he will stand behind his product.

For me the fact that he is willing to stand behind his product and make it right is a large factor in my purchase. I have had/owned just about every bag made to date minus the mahal and whenever I had an issue with one none of them stood behind the product. I would have purchased the mahal because of the lifetime warranty but I didnt need that much space. Just my 2 cents.

For me the fact that he is willing to stand behind his product and make it right is a large factor in my purchase. I have had/owned just about every bag made to date minus the mahal and whenever I had an issue with one none of them stood behind the product. I would have purchased the mahal because of the lifetime warranty but I didnt need that much space. Just my 2 cents.

I am sorry but this is b.s.

Innova will send you a new bag just from a picture.

GBDS will fix any bag but has been known to ask people to pay for the shipping to him and he will pay the shipping back if a bag gets damaged. And will pay for the shipping if it is a defect. (Full disclosure - I have a 5 year old proto-Silverback - it's a little dirty and some s-style carabineers that are really thin cut into one of the strap loops on the back a little making it start to fray and I will be sending my bag to GBDS to be fixed - my fault for using flat carabineers with edges instead of round carabineers.)

And I know firsthand that GDS stands behind their product.

I wish @ all the best but polyester fabric and single stitching makes every one of those bags susceptible to the same rips and frays - it is inherent in the materials. And that doesn't count the issues reported about the sew patterns being off on a few...

Having to provide 2 or 3 bags for every bag you sell because of failures is not a business plan I would want to follow. How much mark-up is built into the bags? Not enough to cover the reported failures, I would imagine...

And to hear the second batch of bags is just more of the same first batch with the polyester material and single stitching? Sounds like just more potential product failures to overcome with providing 2nd or 3rd bags...

That said, I love the design of this bag... but it is what it is | The vendor messed up the stitch patterns a few times, used a inferior material that @ was planning on getting and single-stitched areas of the bag that were high stress areas...

I hope @ survives as a biz until the 2nd generation of the bags - cuz I do believe if the vendor does what @ asks in that 2.0 bag - It will be a great bag. But this current batch ain't.

That said, I love the design of this bag... but it is what it is | The vendor messed up the stitch patterns a few times, used a inferior material that @ was not planning on getting and single-stitched areas of the bag that were high stress areas...

FIFMe

Latest posts