• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip EQ large bag

They added t-shirts today but it says they are all sold out??? Did anyone here get one??? They have gray ones for $20 but I hear they are going to have blue/ orange / and camo shirts for $36 :D

GripEq bags ride high on your back, a good thing ?

I have been researching the GripEQ bags, but lost interest when I found out they cost $ 200+.

But while researching them I saw pictures of people wearing them and they appeared to ride high on the back, and then this thread has a user say he likes that they ride high on his back. I saw some other threads where someone said the bottom of the bag digs into your lower back (ouch).

If any of you are into hiking and backpacking, you will know that high end backpacks all move the weight down onto your hips (via a belt type loop) and off of your back, because your body will tire fast if your back has to support the weight, especially if it is higher up on your back. So I am assuming after a long day with a GripEQ backpack on, people will get tired, and a tired, stiff back is not good for making the big turn on drives, or the soft move with a putter.

I like mine to sit high on my back. Feels much better wearing it that way. Also feels alot better at the end of the day then with my discarrier w/straps

I have been researching the GripEQ bags, but lost interest when I found out they cost $ 200+.

But while researching them I saw pictures of people wearing them and they appeared to ride high on the back, and then this thread has a user say he likes that they ride high on his back. I saw some other threads where someone said the bottom of the bag digs into your lower back (ouch).

If any of you are into hiking and backpacking, you will know that high end backpacks all move the weight down onto your hips (via a belt type loop) and off of your back, because your body will tire fast if your back has to support the weight, especially if it is higher up on your back. So I am assuming after a long day with a GripEQ backpack on, people will get tired, and a tired, stiff back is not good for making the big turn on drives, or the soft move with a putter.
Never paid attention to were it sits, but my back feels much better after going to the Grip bag.

So thats the problem... It feels comfortable at first to wear it high, but it soon gets uncomfortable, and its harder to put on...I now wear it a little looser so it sits more on hips/butt. There its a lot of free space between the top of bag and back though.

I have some pretty major back issues including quite a lot of titanium. It was my main reason for buying the bag. I have had three different Revo's including the dual pack, mini deluxe, and carolina. My back would be sore after every single round with them. Since getting the Grip, I haven't had nearly as many back problems and fewer pills to pop. The bag never digs in on me. At 6'5", I'm not exactly a small guy either. No complaints here.

the only issue Ive had with the bag fit is the feet of the bag will get caught on my belt, but that isnt really even an issue. The bag itself however is made extremely well and is extremely comfortable.

I have some pretty major back issues including quite a lot of titanium. It was my main reason for buying the bag. I have had three different Revo's including the dual pack, mini deluxe, and carolina. My back would be sore after every single round with them. Since getting the Grip, I haven't had nearly as many back problems and fewer pills to pop. The bag never digs in on me. At 6'5", I'm not exactly a small guy either. No complaints here.

Ditto on all accounts. I'm 6'1" with back issues, and the Grip bag has stretched the amount of fatigue-free golf I can play in a day. Worth every penny and then some.

Ditto on all accounts. I'm 6'1" with back issues, and the Grip bag has stretched the amount of fatigue-free golf I can play in a day. Worth every penny and then some.

Same here besides the height as I am 5'6". I now use my dual pack as storage for all of my back up discs.

I have found that I can carry 17-18 discs in the Grip Bag and it still feels lighter than the dual pack with only 13-14 loaded in the bottom half.

Great initial quality. Lookin forward to seeing how it holds up after 2-3 years of regular use. :thmbup:

I have herniated disc and buldging disc and just played 82 holes yesterday. My back feels a ton better then with my phenix core.

Yeah, there's all kinds of hidden crap on these bags :)

Note: there are 6 pencil holders. 2 on the front and 2 on the back of each drink holder.

Do i have to make an account to order a grip bag? im thinking about ordering the clay one. Do yall know how long it should be before i recieve my bag?

For anybody who was wondering about flying with their grip bag. I just flew today with it and there was no problems.