• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip Mini

I use Hydro a Flask a Water bottles. I know he 21oz will work, but I wonder if the 32oz and 40oz will work. Either way mine is ordered and I will make it work.

How have you never used your rainfly? Do you just not play in "bad weather"? Does it not rain or snow much where you live? Do you just not get to go discing often? I have a black Grip A-Series bag & I used my rainfly today for an early morning round....I've used my rainfly at least a half dozen times just in the last month. I've lost count how many times I've used it since I got the bag. I find a rainfly very necessary & its definitely helped me win many rounds in weekly leagues. Its a BIG advantage when your discs aren't as wet as your competition & you have to use your towels less than them. It may just be because of where I live but I love my rainfly. I think using it while its snowing/raining/hailing reduces unnecessary wear & tear on my bag no matter how minuscule the wear from the elements may be.

You, me and Stardoggy all live within about an hour from each other.

I have had the L-Series and the A-Series and the rain fly has never come out once.

I have had the L-Series and the A-Series and the rain fly has never come out once.

Michigan L-series owner here, I have never used the rainfly either despite playing at least once a week all winter long (Polar Vortex!!!!) and in some rotten conditions.

Still on the fence about this new smaller Grip. I was wanting a Mini Grip bag for hot summer rounds but also wanted a mini price with it. Man, for $150 (no rainfly or shipping) I might have already took the plunge. But closing in on $200 is a tough pill to swallow as that was what my L-series cost with shipping and rainfly included.

Good looking product as expected, just not sure I need another $200 bag.

looks better and better product wise.... however as it had been said, the rainfly should be standard...

does this bag come with a rainfly pocket inside the main compartment that is just empty? :confused: :confused:

I've gone disc golfing seven days in the last two weeks & I used my rainfly four of those days I went. I used my rainfly when I played early today at Valley View. How do you not use it a lot? I even use it if it starts to snow in the winter. Your telling me you've never used it?! You live in Wisconsin right?! :)

Last edited:
does anyone know if the camelbak 32oz bottles shown in the photo are the same diameter as the nalgene 32 oz?

I've got both at home, I'll compare them tonight. I do not believe they're far off from memory (although the Camelbak's are tapered, instead of a straight cylinder)

Oh... and 24 ounces of water can be a big deal here.

I've got both at home, I'll compare them tonight. I do not believe they're far off from memory (although the Camelbak's are tapered, instead of a straight cylinder)

Oh... and 24 ounces of water can be a big deal here.

They're not far off, but the nalgene is wider. Some measurements

Nalgene 1l: 3.63"
Nalgene 650ml: 2.885"
Camelbak 1l: 3.510"
Camelbak 750ml: 3.065"
Gatorade: 3.415"

After seeing the new pics (that new style rainfly is bad ass compared to the one on my A-Series) I really want one.
I wish there was black and grey so they would match.

Ordered my bag yesterday. I really don't care that it does not come with the rain fly. I will use my A series bag for those days and tourny rounds. Light rain never hurt anything. I just hope they will be selling the rain fly for the other bags in the new style.

I'm so Geeked for the bag to come in. (Camo)

I've gone disc golfing seven days in the last two weeks & I used my rainfly four of those days I went. I used my rainfly when I played early today at Valley View. How do you not use it a lot? I even use it if it starts to snow in the winter. Your telling me you've never used it?! You live in Wisconsin right?! :)

I play all winter, and many early morning rounds. I guess I don't understand why you'd need a rainfly when it's not raining.

The only time I could see myself using it is if it started raining during a tournament round. A little snow, or morning dew, isn't going to convince me to encapsulate my bag and make it more difficult to get my discs out.

Oh, and I live an hour north of you...so we get more snow. ;)

Ordered my bag yesterday. I really don't care that it does not come with the rain fly. I will use my A series bag for those days and tourny rounds. Light rain never hurt anything. I just hope they will be selling the rain fly for the other bags in the new style.

I'm so Geeked for the bag to come in. (Camo)

Can't wait to see it dude!

this is going to sell like gangbusters. especially when the inevitable christmas discount/free shipping promo hits.

So I guess I was premature on my water bottle size ranting. Seems I WILL be able to fit my 40oz klean kanteen. Wonder why they labeled them at 24oz if they can clearly fit bigger bottles? Maybe to piss dumbasses like me off. Really like the rain fly design. Price point is high, but still in love with this bag.

Latest posts