• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip Mini

^ Ha! Bender beat me to it.

That purple looks sweet by the way Pbmercil

Thanks! The teal was my first choice, but I wasn't going to wait for the restock on those, cuz who knows how long that will take. My old bag was barely hanging in their and wasn't going to last much longer. So I went with my second choice purple. I think the Green and White vintage Masters Golf towel really sets it off if I do say so myself (hard to see in the pic I posted).

Great review. I'm gonna get one soon too and am pretty excited. I think I'll keep my ranger bag, for the large storage compartment on top (it's awesome)

Glad you like it. I'm pretty much on the same plan. Use this bag for most of my casual golf, but pick up a Ranger for tournaments because of the extra capacity, in both discs and storage for all the misc crap I want (NEED) for tournaments. That strategy should really prolong the life of a Ranger, they seem to wear out pretty fast if you use them all the time.

(better yet just buy gatorade powder and save money).

RIGHT!?!?!?! Its also better for the environment.

Last edited:
the one liter camelbaks fit: http://shop.camelbak.com/chute-1l/d/1283_cl_4524. They are snug but slide down/up smoothly.

nalgene 32oz/1L don't fit the grip mini. well you can force them down, but its way to tight.

I found my 1 liter camelbak chute to be to snug for comfort actually. Found it pulling at the top of the pocket a little bit to much for comfort. Maybe its a discrepancy between runs or simply a bag by bag basis?

I've got the 750 ml camelback Eddies. The chutes are the same bottle, just a different lid/mouth. I actually like the Chutes better, but the Eddies were a gift. Free is better. Seems like this is the diameter water bottle the holders are designed for. I am committed to finding a bottle that is the same diameter for fit, but taller for more volume capacity. I will let you guys know if I have any luck

I found my 1 liter camelbak chute to be to snug for comfort actually. Found it pulling at the top of the pocket a little bit to much for comfort. Maybe its a discrepancy between runs or simply a bag by bag basis?

I was skeptical, even with the grip pre-release pictures that have the 1liter bottle, so I took my grip mini right into the local REI and tried the different camelbaks out.

the right side bottle holder is a little looser and the 1L chute slide up and down easily, and the left side is snug, but the bottle can be easily pushed in and slide out. I actually like that they are snug because they can't slip out.

you can also just go for the 24oz/750ml bottle that will fit easily/a little loosely too. But that extra 250ml might make a difference especially if you just want to carry one bottle only.

As weird as it is, I just confirmed that the cup holders are different sizes. Looks like I'm getting a 750ml for the left and keeping my 1000ml for the right side.

I'm using a 40oz Hydroflask

great bottles, fit loosely enough not to worry about stretching and 80oz of hydration is more then enough

Strange that they're different sizes... I'll have to check mine out when I get home. I use a 22oz Lifefactory bottle, and if it weren't for the silicone cover, it would slide in easily, but its a little too grippy with the fabric. I'll see if the other side is any better.

I put the backpack on a shelf and turned it away from me so I was looking at the back panel. And it was on the right side then. So left side if its on your back.

Hmm, mine seem pretty much identical. On a side note, I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but on the outside of the bottle holders towards the back, there are little slots I've been putting my pencils/sharpies in.

Hmm, mine seem pretty much identical. On a side note, I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but on the outside of the bottle holders towards the back, there are little slots I've been putting my pencils/sharpies in.

20141110_181713_zpstw6uejdy.jpg

yep, I put this pic up just last page.

It says the 40oz is 3.6in in diameter...is that true? Or am I reading the wrong thing?

What I'm not understanding is that the pockets were said to be 2.9" in diameter. And my camelback is 3.4 and doesn't fit. Care to explain how you got 40oz with a 3.6" diameter to fit?

What I'm not understanding is that the pockets were said to be 2.9" in diameter. And my camelback is 3.4 and doesn't fit. Care to explain how you got 40oz with a 3.6" diameter to fit?

I put it in the hole.

Seriously, it fits.

I don't believe the pockets are 2.9"

I'll take a tape measure to the pockets tonight and report back. But 100% they fit. Maybe the 3.6" is off? unsure but it fits. did you measure your camelbak at 3.4"?

Latest posts