• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip Mods...

okay so i'm a newb in this entire field of things. what the hell are the buttons called that the rain fly snaps on to, i want to buy some so i can fashion a towel holder. what size are the ones on the Aseries if anyone knows as well. actually if you could just link me to a place that shows me exactly what i want, yeah that would be great. thank you.

i also plan to have a mini pocket added and some inner zipper pockets in the top compartment because that's where i want to put my phone and keys and i don't want it just flying around in there.

This is what I made mine with last night. They appear to be out of stock online but I bought mine locally at a store.

http://www.joann.com/dritz-heavy-du...kg/2614576.html#q=heavy+duty+snap+kit&start=2

Will it definitely void the warranty if I Plasti-dip the bottom of the bag?
Has anyone asked the folks at Grip?

I DID ask them but didn't really get an answer.... I'd guess that you shouldn't do it... Like mentioned, if you get a hole in the bottom or anything it'll be covered.

sewn on patches are ok though correct? I thought they just said that if you mess up the fabric while doing it they would not fix it but if you have patches on the bag and something major goes wrong, like a hole in the bottom of the bag, they would still fix it. Seem right?

I wandered the same thing but I figure since it has a lifetime warranty, which I'm pretty sure holes in the bottom would be covered, I'm not going to worry about doing mine

I DID ask them but didn't really get an answer.... I'd guess that you shouldn't do it... Like mentioned, if you get a hole in the bottom or anything it'll be covered.

Actually not worried about the holes, I just want to keep the bottom of the bag looking sharp.
I have the Gray/black and the bottom of the bag is light gray. Seems like it would pick up dirt and especially red clay stains.
A thin coat of black Plasti-dip on the bottom would be just the ticket, I think. :D

I'll ping Grip and see if I can get a definitive answer. Not going to do this if it will void the warranty, for sure.

Extra Towel Storage:
Best storage place i have found is.....

I always keep one rolled up in the bottom of the putter quiver.

Open the quiver all the way up, drop the towel into the bottom, then use the height adjustment to roll the towel up inside the bottom of the quiver, until it's covered.

I got a couple of these from the user RussGreeneBean over at this thread.

They snap on and off nicely, but still require a bit of effort so they don't pop off unexpectedly. Plus, he added a male clip so that you can still utilize the rainfly when this towel holder is on.

Head on over to his thread or I can take more pictures.
1T4slCF.jpg

4MDISIO.jpg

AARyAoi.jpg

c4L9JNM.jpg

does anyone else make these or something similar?

I just showed the picture to the wife and she said no problem. She already has everything she needs to do it other than the clips. I asked her to make however many she can to use the complete package of snaps she has so there will be some extras. There won't be any custom colors or anything but I will let you guys know what is available when they are done. She is also gonna hook up the rain fly mod for me.

I work as an upholsterer and occasional sewing I could make those clips pretty easily it's a very good idea...if I give it to one of the lady sewers she could prolly make 300 a day lol I'm gonna have to give them a try

I just showed the picture to the wife and she said no problem. She already has everything she needs to do it other than the clips. I asked her to make however many she can to use the complete package of snaps she has so there will be some extras. There won't be any custom colors or anything but I will let you guys know what is available when they are done. She is also gonna hook up the rain fly mod for me.

Well if you end up with extras please let me know :thmbup:

I work as an upholsterer and occasional sewing I could make those clips pretty easily it's a very good idea...if I give it to one of the lady sewers she could prolly make 300 a day lol I'm gonna have to give them a try

If either one of you end up doing this, hit me up and I will get a few from you. I am looking for 4 of them to be honest. Thanks.