• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ground forces for speed

I'm guessing on Dominant Force:
Vertical - GG, Brinster, Seppo, Oakley
Torque - Lizotte
Horizontal - Eagle, Barela, Oman

I think McBeth and Wiggins are pretty even across the board.
KJUSA is combo vertical and horizontal.
Avery Jenkins and Jarvis bros combo vertical and torque.

^^^
A big take away for me from this video starts at 34:40. I was paying too much attention to the top of the back swing instead of where I needed to direct the force efficiently.

I also liked the reference to the rocket booster. If you fire number 3 before number 1, you don't get number 1 back.

Last edited:
^^^
A big take away for me from this video starts at 34:40. I was paying too much attention to the top of the back swing instead of where I needed to direct the force efficiently.

I also liked the reference to the rocket booster. If you fire number 3 before number 1, you don't get number 1 back.
40 min "Tiny changes.... for most of you, you have to exaggerate things so far to get that machine to say the numbers it's supposed to that you would probably never stay with it. When I finally get someone to do what's right, they say, that can't be right. My answer to them is that well, you weren't a very good player to begin with, so I wouldn't trust what you felt anyway."

3 Stage Rocket:
1. Lateral or Horizontal
2. Rotational
3. Vertical

1. Shift from behind you!

^^^
The ground force insoles may seem a little expensive at $230 but not that bad when you consider a descent practice basket is around $150 (even better with the 10% off promo code BD10). A nice feature is the ability to video capture the swing that syncs to the pressure trace data (around 16:30 mark).

I ordered one. Problem with pressure mats is they are not big enough for most disc golf stances. Not sure how it work with my flat feet and orthotics and shoes though.

I ordered one. Problem with pressure mats is they are not big enough for most disc golf stances. Not sure how it work with my flat feet and orthotics and shoes though.

Hope it works out. You could definitely have some killer videos! :thmbup:

Side rail: I have flat feet. To quote the podiatrist, "[looks at x-ray] You have flat feet. [looks at different x-ray] Wow, you have really flat feet." And the very short story of plantar fasciitis and flat feet is minimalist, barefoot, zero drop shoes with a wide toe box will build your muscles and return feet to natural position. Arches/modern shoes cut off circulation to portions of our flat feet and actually kill tissue. As one doctor discovered, it's not plantar fasciitis (inflammation) it's actually plantar fasciosis (dead tissue).

You may now return to your regularly scheduled thread.

Last edited:
40 min "Tiny changes.... for most of you, you have to exaggerate things so far to get that machine to say the numbers it's supposed to that you would probably never stay with it. When I finally get someone to do what's right, they say, that can't be right. My answer to them is that well, you weren't a very good player to begin with, so I wouldn't trust what you felt anyway."

3 Stage Rocket:
1. Lateral or Horizontal
2. Rotational
3. Vertical

1. Shift from behind you!

Does "Vertical" just refer to the brace? As in downward force into the ground through your plant foot?

Does "Vertical" just refer to the brace? As in downward force into the ground through your plant foot?
Interesting question. I don't think I agree because the swing happens in all 3 dimensions, even if you try to eliminate one or two like the one leg crush the can below. You might make an argument that it's all Vertical, but the backswing, gravity and inertia also creates Rotational and Horizontal forces while you lag and swing across a distance.

You can jump into the vid below at 5 min for excellent explainations. Also can skip the last 5 min.

Interesting question. I don't think I agree because the swing happens in all 3 dimensions, even if you try to eliminate one or two like the one leg crush the can below. You might make an argument that it's all Vertical, but the backswing, gravity and inertia also creates Rotational and Horizontal forces while you lag and swing across a distance.

You can jump into the vid below at 5 min for excellent explainations. Also can skip the last 5 min.

Dude plants so hard he hops off the ground. That's nuts. Note to GG, Lizotte & Gibson for their next level move.

Dude plants so hard he hops off the ground. That's nuts. Note to GG, Lizotte & Gibson for their next level move.
I think it's kind of like pivoting on the toes, instead of the heel. He talks about how Gary Woodland is one of the longest hitters but doesn't have much vertical force because he moves the pressure into the heel and dissipates the force by pivoting on the heel, much like Slamming Sammy Snead and most disc golfers. They are also dealing with a lot less Horizontal and Vertical force than an x-step/hop or Happy Gilmore would add to the swing.

McBeth often has his foot kind of airborne on his toe pivot during the swing, looks rough on the ankle with the heel never on the ground. Wiggins seems to stay more compressed by G-forces and flat footed and then jumps after release to pivot, or he is starting to jump before release, but doesn't leave the ground until after release. Having the heel on the ground gives your ankle stability to support the rest of your body.

Woodland - heel pivot:

giphy.gif

Also interesting how they talk about Kyle doing the double stomp or double crush the can to help increase his horizontal force(not vertical) which was lacking before, and Paige seems to be obsessed with gaining more horizontal force which I think is her weakest and she's envious of how good KJUSA is at this drill.

Also interesting how they talk about Kyle doing the double stomp or double crush the can to help increase his horizontal force(not vertical) which was lacking before, and Paige seems to be obsessed with gaining more horizontal force which I think is her weakest and she's envious of how good KJUSA is at this drill.

Yeah kind of weird. You can see Paige getting pushed back to the back leg at/right after release.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk