• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Gstar Valk

I had a 166g G* Valk that was a bit more stable than even it's Champion counterpart.

Flight pattern was very similar to my PFN Vikings in the same weight range.

me three

more overstable even though some people refuse to admit sow Gstar is lie that

I really need to try a gstar Valkyrie. If they are more OS as stated, it may be a replacement to my JK pro Valkyrie. That jk pro Valkyrie is way beefier than any of my many other valks. Lol.

me three

more overstable even though some people refuse to admit sow Gstar is lie that
From the G* discs I've tried, Valks fly more OS than normal, Leopards are a little more stable than normal, Roc3s are a tiny bit less stable, PDs are barely less stable than a S-line, and Teebirds fit right between premium Teebirds and DX. That's been my experience at least and I've thrown at least 3 different discs of those molds.

Be careful with our terms here. Valkyries, as well as Roadrunners and Leopards, are more stable than their normal understable counterparts but are still not stable. They can still flip and burn, but with the added stability their flip threshold - the point where the combination of speed and snap flips them - is harder to obtain and seems to have a wider spectrum of how much it will flip before it is uncontrollable and burns over.

Of all the GStars I have tried, which is everything but the Daedalus and Krait, GStar brings the stability of each namesake closer to true stability - no turn and no fade when at power. Leopards, Valkyries, and Roadrunners, as mentioned above, as well as TLs are more stable. Conversely, Destroyers, Pegasus, Firebirds, and so on are less overstable (but still more than stable). I have noticed those that are already inherently stable, like the TeeBird, Roc3, and Gazelle are now a tick under being truly stable but in the end seem to vary from thrower to thrower because technique seems to be the deciding factor.

Be careful with our terms here. Valkyries, as well as Roadrunners and Leopards, are more stable than their normal understable counterparts but are still not stable. They can still flip and burn, but with the added stability their flip threshold - the point where the combination of speed and snap flips them - is harder to obtain and seems to have a wider spectrum of how much it will flip before it is uncontrollable and burns over.

Of all the GStars I have tried, which is everything but the Daedalus and Krait, GStar brings the stability of each namesake closer to true stability - no turn and no fade when at power. Leopards, Valkyries, and Roadrunners, as mentioned above, as well as TLs are more stable. Conversely, Destroyers, Pegasus, Firebirds, and so on are less overstable (but still more than stable). I have noticed those that are already inherently stable, like the TeeBird, Roc3, and Gazelle are now a tick under being truly stable but in the end seem to vary from thrower to thrower because technique seems to be the deciding factor.

Yo. Excellent post.

I think we can all agree that the mold is inherently understable, but we're talking about stability within that mold (in this case, Valkyries)...

Which is why I posted: "I had a 166g G* Valk that was a bit more stable than even it's Champion counterpart."

I think pretty much everyone understands that Valkyries are understable. I'm saying that the G* Valkyrie is more stable than the same mold in other plastics.

So if you buy a 166g Champion Valkyrie and a 166g G* Valkyrie, you are going to find the G* Valk will be more stable.

I hope that helps clear things up a bit.

:thmbup: Well said. I totally agree but have never been able to put it into words. This explains exactly what was in my head.

When people are saying "more stable" here, is the referring to being more "overstable", or that it Flys straight?

I bought a nice blue gstar valk when they came out and it was more stable than any other valk I own. I threw an extra shot and left it laying in the fairway. Idiot. I have another on the way from a trade looking forward to seeing how it flies.

When people are saying "more stable" here, is the referring to being more "overstable", or that it Flys straight?

The three or four DX Valks that I used to throw were understable. They had a decent amount of high speed turn and a moderate fade.

The G-star Valk I owned had much less high speed stability, it did not have as much turn as the DX Valkyries. It still had the same moderate fade at the end.

After 2 months of light use my 170g GStar Valkryie went from from neutral to very, very flippy. Neither a good nor bad thing; just a reality.

From the G* discs I've tried, Valks fly more OS than normal, Leopards are a little more stable than normal, Roc3s are a tiny bit less stable, PDs are barely less stable than a S-line, and Teebirds fit right between premium Teebirds and DX. That's been my experience at least and I've thrown at least 3 different discs of those molds.
This has been my exact experience also with those discs.

My G* Valk has less turn and an earlier fade than any Valk I've ever thrown which seems to match what others here are saying. It's a nice disc for what it is but it doesn't fly like a Valk for me. When I reach for a Valk I'm expecting a little turn on a good rip.

Nothing has surpassed the performance of a lightly used Pro valkyrie in my experience. After enough throws to get some scuffs and wear the flashing off, I can throw the exact same hyzer flip time after time. Only problem is the pro's get a point where they become unusable. I have gotten a G* at the same weight (171) as the pro's I love, so hopefully it will perform similarly and stay in the sweet spot longer. I have champion valks too, but they don't seem to fly as consistently for me.

Latest posts