• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Guinness World Record Attempt: Most Holes in 24 Hours

I'm telling you guys, Civic Center is custom made for breaking this record - it's literally 9 holes worth of upshots:
1) 130 ft
2) 122 ft
3) 105 ft
4) 90 ft
5) 73 ft
6) 134 ft
7) 200 ft
8) 138 ft
9) 102 ft
Total: 1094 ft

It's flat, all the holes are close together, the return from 9 to 1 is under 200ft, and it's reasonably shady, too. You'll card way more 2's than 3's, (even when exhausted) and a boatload of Aces. Less strokes translates to faster rate of play, which will increase the # of holes played, especially over the long haul. It's a great location, too.

Just set a putter up at each tee and a few helpers... record waiting to be shattered.
:popcorn:

I agree completely.

If Cody ever feels coming to Civic Center to push the record even further, he's got an open invitation to stay at my place. I'd be happy to assist him with another run. Just throwing it out there, because someone with the endurance to do it could really blow the record up there.

The bar just keeps getting higher, can't wait to see someone make a run at 2000.

Wow, congrats to all you guys. I can't believe the first one was done here in the QC, I never heard anything about it Nd would of definitely volunteered out there for a while

The bar just keeps getting higher, can't wait to see someone make a run at 2000.

Its a matter of endurance at this point I think. This attempt was 1638 in 17 hours which is about 96 holes per hour so if someone could maintain this pace (egad) they could hit 2k in 20.8 hours.

Yeah, it's so simple just maintain that pace for another 3.8 hours. :|

I don't think 1638 is going to be broken anytime soon.

Its a matter of endurance at this point I think. This attempt was 1638 in 17 hours which is about 96 holes per hour so if someone could maintain this pace (egad) they could hit 2k in 20.8 hours.

Yeah, it's so simple just maintain that pace for another 3.8 hours. :|

I don't think 1638 is going to be broken anytime soon.

It took me 20 hours to do 1638. I think what it comes down to is preparation and being able to take care of yourself throughout the day. I underestimated my feet situation and that was the reason I had to stop early. I thought my 20 year old body could just get up and do it, which it did, but with better preparation, someone could make the record much higher.

Latest posts