• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Guys draggin carts along...

These are some of the carts I have made. I get the pull carts at garage sales and off Craigs list.

could one make one of those picture above with some nobby bike tires?

Pull carts are so cheap to buy and the wheels actually hold up quite well. I don't believe you need to switch to a bike type tire that would also need air.

Neither!!

My course has alot of little ankle rollers tree stumps and very steep rough terrain. I don't think the plastic wheels would hold up very well..

Just saying. Dont mean to critizes yeah, I was just wondering... What if?

plus, I played with a guy that had a cart with two flat tires. We have Blackberries here, and that will go right through a tire.

Neither!!

My course has alot of little ankle rollers tree stumps and very steep rough terrain. I don't think the plastic wheels would hold up very well..

Just saying. Dont mean to critizes yeah, I was just wondering... What if?

The wheels I use are off one of those golf pull carts and are made of foam. They have some nice give to them on rough terrain but hold up very well. They have taken locust thorns and spit them out like sunflower seeds. They hold up very well in my 5 months of dragging it along.

Another GrandMaster and myself started use pull carts in 2011. Both of us have the Go-Cart seen in the link in a previous post. They created a lot of interest. We took a lot of ribbing.
Not everyone has $200 (well, mine was used so I paid considerably less) but carts have really caught on at my home course. Some use golf bag carts, some are using jogging strollers, but there's probably a half-dozen regulars pulling or pushing some kind of cart. Guys in their 20's, 30's, 40's and 50's are using carts and the interest seems to be growing.

Latest posts