• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Guys, I am tired of waiting to get discs.

There were massive supply chain disruptions as well.

There still are, in many market segments. Pretty much any hobby or outdoor related item that's been shopped for or purchased in my household is much harder to get, or a much longer lead time, than it was last year. In every case where I've talked to the owner, it's a supply chain issue coupled with reduced production due covid precautions. I rather suspect it's going to get worse as we move into the holidays.

I rather suspect it's going to get worse as we move into the holidays.

In general it has been slowly improving- even Discraft is finally starting to reduce lead times on orders. It's going to be a long time still before players with very specific wants can simply go online and pick up those wants at the drop of a hat though. My advice remains that if you find something you like buy multiple- formerly I offered this advice due to the vagaries of injection molding as practiced on golf discs, now even moreso due to the supply chain woes.

In general it has been slowly improving- even Discraft is finally starting to reduce lead times on orders. It's going to be a long time still before players with very specific wants can simply go online and pick up those wants at the drop of a hat though. My advice remains that if you find something you like buy multiple- formerly I offered this advice due to the vagaries of injection molding as practiced on golf discs, now even moreso due to the supply chain woes.

It's improving now. Everyone I've talked to in the mfg or source retail environment is concerned as we move forward into what's normally a heavy season for retail, and for illness. Without exception, and regardless of what they're manufacturing or selling. You can take their concern for what it's worth. I wouldn't expect (functional) JIT type delivery for a long time yet.

There still are, in many market segments. Pretty much any hobby or outdoor related item that's been shopped for or purchased in my household is much harder to get, or a much longer lead time, than it was last year. In every case where I've talked to the owner, it's a supply chain issue coupled with reduced production due covid precautions. I rather suspect it's going to get worse as we move into the holidays.

And even worse, given the very real potential of being shut down again, by a second, more severe surge of COVID. Both here and overseas.

I suggest stocking up on any discs you have to have.....and honestly, I would consider food supply sources at risk as well. I think it is going to be a rough winter, discs might be the least of our concerns. :|

I just sold a ton on Ebay and can't believe the prices people are paying. Manufacturers are pumping up the secondary market by stopping production of popular mold/plastic combos, or just not having capacity to meet demand for their popular discs in general. At the same time producing new molds/plastics and charging a premium (Trilogy especially).

I just sold a ton on Ebay and can't believe the prices people are paying. Manufacturers are pumping up the secondary market by stopping production of popular mold/plastic combos, or just not having capacity to meet demand for their popular discs in general. At the same time producing new molds/plastics and charging a premium (Trilogy especially).

If I was a disc company like Innova that couldn't keep up with demand, would I rather produce DX 8$ discs or the latest and greatest discs that retails for $20/25? That 's a pretty easy decision. No faulting them for that!

If I was a disc company like Innova that couldn't keep up with demand, would I rather produce DX 8$ discs or the latest and greatest discs that retails for $20/25? That 's a pretty easy decision. No faulting them for that!

I'm a cost engineer at a production facility and that is an incredibly complicated answer. :)

Elite X Buzzz SS, please.

I have an Elite X Modified Wasp Buzzz with a 2010 stamp. Has ".5" on it.
I have one from 2013 with "winner" stamp. Not sure what that is.

I'm not that educated with Buzzzes.

Yeah but Innova can't produce enough of those more expensive hyped discs either. And they don't have a clue when it comes to consistency, thus you have people going nuts for '15 Pro Rhynos and Pigs, for example. Or random limited runs, like DX stamped champ Cobras, champ Zephyrs, etc.

Yeah but Innova can't produce enough of those more expensive hyped discs either. And they don't have a clue when it comes to consistency, thus you have people going nuts for '15 Pro Rhynos and Pigs, for example. Or random limited runs, like DX stamped champ Cobras, champ Zephyrs, etc.

There is certainly a need for these companies to either modernize their own production, or outsource to someone who can.

Now would be an interesting time for one of these companies to get sold to a big sports company, not that that would cause an immediate improvement in supply chain issues.

Quick update: I finally found the exact champ sidewinder in weight and color! It truly feels like a weight has been lifted. 4 months since I first wanted one. Anyways thanks to chainreaction disc golf!

Quick update: I finally found the exact champ sidewinder in weight and color! It truly feels like a weight has been lifted. 4 months since I first wanted one. Anyways thanks to chainreaction disc golf!

The wait will be worth it. I was in the same boat this year with Pink JB Zones, Pink Ricky Pig and a Pink Sexton Firebird (which I still haven't found). On the plus side, because of the wait, I've tried a few new molds this year that I quite enjoy. There's always some yin to the yang, my friend.

Latest posts