• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Had the WORST experience playing...how can I shake it off?

DarrellR

Par Member
I was playing in the bowling green am's this past weekend and had a HORRIBLE time. I was looking forward to the week and weekend but before I started my first round, I either lost our had my wallet stollen. It messed me up for the while weekend...went OB more than I've ever gone in the past 8 months total, kept turning over my nuke OS, I think I hit almost every tree in front of my face, worm burners, and I'm not going to talk about my up shots. Putting was bad as usual but I got pissed off when I party up and the last up putt rolls down the hill and a part goes to a double bogie really quick. I think the people that went dnf beat me...

What can I do? Confidence is shot, shoulder hurts, and I feel like I really went backwards in growing and embarrassed myself beyond belief. Any advice?

I find that offering free plastic to the DGCR community pleases the Giant Disc in the Sky and your throws are straighter and farther.

Stop throwing a Nuke OS for starters.

I've heard many people talk about me throwing the nuke OS but after they see me throw it...they change their mind. it's been one of the best things in my bag and the most consistent. I mainly throw it forehand and can get about 300 - 350 off it. Backhand I know I can get 280 Max but this past weekend I kept getting 300+ (maybe getting stronger and adrenalin rush?) I throw it so hard that it does what I want it to....I might be trying too hard...?

I knew someone would say stop throwing it....it's funny that people say that though.

Shake it off and treat it as a learning experience. I had a rough weekend there myself but you just have to learn from the mistakes you made. Maybe take a few weeks off from tourney golf and work on your game where you made the most mistakes so you can be better prepared and more confident the next time you're in a tourney.

I love it when people ask for advice and then imediately argue with the advice that is given them. I guess just keep throwing the super overstable disc and keep hitting trees and going ob until you finally will learn to take advice.

I love it when people ask for advice and then imediately argue with the advice that is given them. I guess just keep throwing the super overstable disc and keep hitting trees and going ob until you finally will learn to take advice.

Either that or use them for huge lofting skip shots. They are pretty to watch. :thmbup:

Sounds exactly like the day I had at the Go Cart Open II last August. The thing that got me over it was a road trip I was taking with my friends two weeks later. With them I can just go out and throw without pressure of having to do well and win something. Not that I was considering quitting after the GCO II, but I definitely did not want to play until that road trip.

Go out with a group of friends, keep score, but have it be worth nothing and concentrate on having a good time. Try a few shots you would not normally take with discs you would normally not throw in that situation. Make sure you can have a good laugh about it afterward. My friend has a beat-to-hell R-Pro Katana that can do a complete barrel roll and still finish right. It gets about 350-400 feet of distance with enough height. I would be afraid to throw it any other time, but it was a blast to throw when we were not recording that round. Get an Epic and throw it backhand as your normal driver. Then see how well you throw with your normal disc.

Messing with your game is probably the best advice I can give you because wallowing in your technique after shooting so poorly despite KNOWING you should have thrown well just absolutely destroyed me.

No offense, but everybody telling you to get rid of the Nuke is doing you a service. Way too much disc for someone throwing 280 after playing less than a year. You will stay at that distance until you're playing Masters.

Well, if you played with me before you're surely won't say that. It's not like I throw it for every single shot. Big turns is way I use it for...around trees, fences, etc. I use out as a utility disc as well, I just know how to use it....when I'm not throwing ****ty. I like the way it feels and how the wind doesn't touch it...I'm not arguing just letting you know what I use. I asked for advice on how to get out of a rut not how to throw.

Well, if you played with me before you're surely won't say that. It's not like I throw it for every single shot. Big turns is way I use it for...around trees, fences, etc. I use out as a utility disc as well, I just know how to use it....when I'm not throwing ****ty. I like the way it feels and how the wind doesn't touch it...I'm not arguing just letting you know what I use. I asked for advice on how to get out of a rut not how to throw.

You have got to get your metal confidence up. This game is alot more mental than physical. I would recomend going to a field and just throw shots. Learn YOUR discs, learn YOUR shots. The the next time the pressure is on just take your mindset as if you were back in the field practicing and execute. Its the archer not the arrow.. If the nuke os works for you, forget about what everyone else says.

Latest posts