• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Halo Plastic Series

Or unfortunately a newer small brand that makes only one off plastics for its discs in small runs.

New Stock Swirl ESP that is not hard to see colors?

Many new Discraft ESP has that "halo look"

PM-Prototype-Hades-Red.jpg

Many new Discraft ESP has that "halo look"

Yep. I like the look.

924e3038fe3abd688a729cd2f8ea16bf.jpg

I think the Halo Shryke looks pretty awesome and since I've recently started experimenting with adding the Shryke to my bag I may have to track one down.

Is the HALO disc a limited series, a test series or a new stock series?

I like the look but starting to get annoying that they sell out in minutes and is almost impossible to get.

Is the HALO disc a limited series, a test series or a new stock series?

I like the look but starting to get annoying that they sell out in minutes and is almost impossible to get.

Probably going to be limited, the same way Luster or Shimmer Star runs are

I think the difference with Discraft's Halo look ESP vs Innova's Halo series is that Discraft's is primarily just clever dye distribution, where as Innova is actually using Luster plastic for the rim and Star for the flight plate.

Really? I honestly haven't looked into the halo discs. Did they say this somewhere? Thanks.

They haven't said one way or another, but the rims on these definitely seem to be a different, pearly plastic. My guess would be Shimmer Star instead of Luster though. It's flexible like Star, where Luster is a form of Champ plastic.

Damn these are stable. I throw 320-330', and I can't get my Halo Roadrunners to turn at all. They fly like my Volts.

Damn these are stable. I throw 320-330', and I can't get my Halo Roadrunners to turn at all. They fly like my Volts.

I am wondering if it is color dependent. I have a yellow and an orange/pink Roadrunner. The yellow has the mildest of turn and flip, but with a clean flat throw, the best I can do with the orange is to get it to track right before leveling out.

They haven't said one way or another, but the rims on these definitely seem to be a different, pearly plastic. My guess would be Shimmer Star instead of Luster though. It's flexible like Star, where Luster is a form of Champ plastic.

I noticed this too...makes me wonder if this is an end around entry into GYRO =) looks amazing though. The 2 halo shrykes i have throw are more stable than the star and gummy champs i have.

I picked up a Wraith and Shryke at the Sandy Point pro shop yesterday. It's hard to resist such pretty discs. They're definitely pretty OS from the couple times I threw them. Look and feel great though.

Can't believe they have all these and not a Halo Teebird.

I noticed this too...makes me wonder if this is an end around entry into GYRO =) looks amazing though. The 2 halo shrykes i have throw are more stable than the star and gummy champs i have.

With how inconsistent the rim is in the shimmer plastic, each disc would be slightly different. Using different plastic on the edge of the disc in a more consistent line would then help. I hope if this is true that a Metal flake edge Champion disc comes out.

A putter like the Colt in a gyro like tech, say the current Halo would be cool as you then have a longer putter for those shots a normal putter is not used. Even then a Colt as a driving putter the disc is a putter in terms of control but has the distance potential of a slow midrange. The Skeeter is still made and the Star Spider if still made both accomplish this just not as well as a true putter can with the better control that a putter has for touch drives or the depth for long putts.

Why doesn't Innova just sell these as tour series discs for $30 or so.
Pros would get some funds and I might get my hands on a halo roadrunner.
Disc flippers appear to be the big winners this year.

Latest posts