• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Halo Plastic Series

Here in Sweden the Halo disc are more than twice the price of a Star disc. i think that´s a few dollars to much.
But they sell out i minutes so why not. . .$50 run next?

Here in Sweden the Halo disc are more than twice the price of a Star disc. i think that´s a few dollars to much.
But they sell out i minutes so why not. . .$50 run next?

I have been predicting that the innova Factory Store would soon sell their tour series discs for at least $25 US before tax and shipping. They haven't gotten there yet. I guess the Philo Brathwaite Destroyers and Halo Star series come the closest at $20.99 when purchased directly from the Innova Factory Store.

Infinite Discs had lots of Halo Star Destroyers last month. They got these from the Factory Store and easily resold them for $24.99 each. If they had been $25.99 they would probably have sold out about as quickly.

I have been buying lots of discs now, thinking that the price of discs may soon become more than I am willing to pay. Or, at least that I would look back and think, "Why didn't I get some a few years ago when they weren't so expensive?!"

A normal STAR disc cost $18,50 here in Sweden, but thats including our 25%VAT. . .a HALO disc cost $38,40 ! (all our prices are including VAT, never understod why US prices are "Before tax")

I have been buying lots of discs now, thinking that the price of discs may soon become more than I am willing to pay. Or, at least that I would look back and think, "Why didn't I get some a few years ago when they weren't so expensive?!"

Excellent logic to justify disc purchases!

Local shop here has lots of Halo discs on the shelf now for a little over $20 I believe. They've had Halo Wraiths for quite a while. I haven't even been tempted due to the consistent dome on them.

A normal STAR disc cost $18,50 here in Sweden, but thats including our 25%VAT. . .a HALO disc cost $38,40 ! (all our prices are including VAT, never understod why US prices are "Before tax")

In the US the taxes on discs are state taxes which vary by state. I live in Massachusetts with a 6.25% sales tax. Some states have a different tax rate. Some states have no sales tax.

In the US the taxes on discs are state taxes which vary by state. I live in Massachusetts with a 6.25% sales tax. Some states have a different tax rate. Some states have no sales tax.

And what states tax is different also....some tax all food items, some don't tax food items at all.

Since the item is made in one state, but is shipped to multiple states...the maker can't really put the 'total' price on the item.

Excellent logic to justify disc purchases!

Local shop here has lots of Halo discs on the shelf now for a little over $20 I believe. They've had Halo Wraiths for quite a while. I haven't even been tempted due to the consistent dome on them.

Haha. For all I know, disc prices will remain the same for years to come. Nothing is certain.

Haha. For all I know, disc prices will remain the same for years to come. Nothing is certain.
The way our government (both factions) loves running up the national debt, I think it's a safe bet that inflation- disc prices included - will continue to rise.

Ps: Big-time "Grr."

Just came here to say that if you have a chance to snag a Halo Sidewinder, it just may be the greatest woods distance driver ever. It is nowhere near a 9 5 -3 1 off the shelf, but mine at least flew something like a 9 6 -1 1. A course near where I live has an awesome 530 foot downhill hill in the middle of the woods where if you hit it just right you can watch your disc fly until it almost leaves your sight. I gave my Sidewinder a little hyzer and pumped it as hard as I could to see what it was made of and it slowly flipped to straight and maybe moved 7 inches to the right for its entire flight and finally settled down calmly after what had to have been 400+ feet, one of my longest drives ever, one of my most accurate. One of the best flights I've ever watched.

Hah, what a luxury, over here normal Star discs go for $32.67. Haven't seen a store sell Halo discs, but I've seen a regular Halo Star, unused, go for $60 in a local facebook group.

The normal star price doesnt seem too unreasonable. However, the halo price seems excessive to say the least. Unless that price is in Euro's, than that's just stupid for both star and halo.

How do foreign discs, such as discraft and innova, compare in price to local discs for you?

The normal star price doesnt seem too unreasonable. However, the halo price seems excessive to say the least. Unless that price is in Euro's, than that's just stupid for both star and halo.

How do foreign discs, such as discraft and innova, compare in price to local discs for you?

The price is in $ i just used a currency converter from Swedish SEK to Dollars

A Kastaplast disc in K1 made in Sweden cost the same as a STAR or ESP disc...just around $20 inkluding our 25% VAT. . take that VAT away and disc are Cheaper in Sweden than the US.....VERY few things are cheaper over here.

So for me it´s much more expensive to buy a disc in the US and pay our VAT and customs, , ,and shipping

The price is in $ i just used a currency converter from Swedish SEK to Dollars

A Kastaplast disc in K1 made in Sweden cost the same as a STAR or ESP disc...just around $20 inkluding our 25% VAT. . take that VAT away and disc are Cheaper in Sweden than the US.....VERY few things are cheaper over here.

So for me it´s much more expensive to buy a disc in the US and pay our VAT and customs, , ,and shipping

That is odd an import is the same price as Kasta, which is produced locally to you. Does this lead to players choosing Innova or other US manufacturers over stuff like Kasta and Lat?

PS- sorry for the thread drift everyone. I just find this interesting and assume some other people might too.

That is odd an import is the same price as Kasta, which is produced locally to you. Does this lead to players choosing Innova or other US manufacturers over stuff like Kasta and Lat?

PS- sorry for the thread drift everyone. I just find this interesting and assume some other people might too.

I think most manufacturers strive to have similar prices worldwide and I don't think shipping is THAT bad when they ship a few thousand every time.
But I do think it's weird that the HALO disc are so expensive over here.

But Halo disc and most special and expensive disc sells out very fast, feels like the manufacturers are testing the limits for disc prices.
The Halo is the most expensive "non tour series disc" I have seen

The "Halo Star Destroyer Calvin Heimburg 2021" is out in Sweden, and sets a new record for the most expensive stock disc ever at $42,50!! . . . . .a normal Star Destroyer is $18 ink VAT over here.. .

I hope Calvin gets alot of that extra cash

Attachments

• des.JPG
    des.JPG
    23.8 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
The "Halo Star Destroyer Calvin Heimburg 2021" is out in Sweden, and sets a new record for the most expensive stock disc ever at $42,50!! . . . . .a normal Star Destroyer is $18 ink VAT over here.. .

That is a lot of money for a disc. People will probably limit themselves to no more than 10-20 of them at that price. :p

I wouldn't consider a Tour Series disc a "stock" disc.

I wouldn't consider a Tour Series disc a "stock" disc.

Maybe "stock" is not the best word but the best i could think of in that moment.

But this is not an old super rare disc or a signed "one of" . . .it´s a "normal" innova release.

I have never seen a Tour series disc at this price in a store. . .but it sold out in an hour so Innova and the store got their money.

Just afraid that now that disc are hard to find and stock are low, shops is going to raise the prices more and more.
I mean if they can sell out at $40 why charge less?

Maybe "stock" is not the best word but the best i could think of in that moment.

But this is not an old super rare disc or a signed "one of" . . .it´s a "normal" innova release.

I have never seen a Tour series disc at this price in a store. . .but it sold out in an hour so Innova and the store got their money.

Just afraid that now that disc are hard to find and stock are low, shops is going to raise the prices more and more.
I mean if they can sell out at $40 why charge less?

Your screenshot looks like it's from discsport.eu where it definitely did not sell out in an hour. They sold like 2-3 discs/hour and sold out in about 24 hours.

Which, I mean, it's great if you're selling out all your stock, but I imagine that if Innova made a few thousand of those available worldwide for $47 they'd have problems getting rid of them.

But then again, maybe not, the US is a way bigger market than Europe (in terms of disc golf).