• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Halo Sonics!

Halo Sonics?

• I would buy multiple!

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • I would buy 1 to try out.

Votes: 16 37.2%
  • What is a Sonic?

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Nope.

Votes: 16 37.2%

• Total voters
Compared to a Star Sonic these seem to be a little bit straighter which I guess is to be expected, I'm throwing a Pink which scales at 176. Similar glide and even better feel I think. Just a little bit grippier. I'm going to try and get a few backups when I get a chance.

I caught a drop on Friday and bought 3. Coming Tuesday so I'll be tossing them around Tuesday night hopefully! Can't wait.

Along with a batch of F2 drivers to stock up with.

Played a round with a bud today and he had a black one. Mine are scheduled tomorrow for delivery. I was able to toss it around a half dozen times. So accurate, so straight. Basically zero fade and zero turn at 200-230. Sits quick.

Into a 10 mph wind I just added about few degrees of hyzer, flipped up road dead straight. I'm going to have to play a round tomorrow when mine show up and throw it more just to get use to it. I love how slow and floaty and straight it is. Feels better then a Polecat, not as deep and chunky feeling.

I was able to get a full round in with my new Halo Sonics. First upshot from like 100 I floated it 30 long. This thing glides and goes further then I was expecting. Bounced one off the band from about 80 as well. Didn't make anything but was pretty close on that one.

Went to the open field afterwards to see how it flies on a full rip. I was surprised to see I could get it out to 275-280. Just had to give it a baby hyzer and some height and watch it flip to flat and ride a dead straight line all the way. Such a fun disc to throw. I feel like I need to play with it more before I use it in leagues and tourneys. But so far I am really stoked by the flight and the accuracy. Surprised by the distance.

Not until I get my Halo Condor!

I never threw a Condor, I think if it was understable it might be cool to try for like super slow turning backhand shots with an oversized disc.

But back on topic I got my first ever Sonic Ace! Hole is a dogleg right type of hole at 200 feet, where you can throw a high anny or spikey FH (right handed). Of course I threw the high anny and I heard a smash. Trees blocked me from seeing it hit chains but when I ran around the corner it was in.

New star halo Sonics 173.5g

Just got a couple 173.5G halo star sonics

Tested a little bit.
I'd call it 1/3/-2/0.5
At high power/snap it flies with some turn but can be made to fly mostly straight

Mid power flies very neutral. Smooth and floaty.

Low power still flies straight but with a drifting soft hyzer finish

Short range is where it shines. Those touch upshots. Floaty anhyzers. Or a low snap of the wrist floaty straight run at the basket.

I like it this far.