• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

hammer/thumber discs

i have a great overhand shot but im looking to get a little bit more distance. right now i throw a discraft x2 for long shots and a innova skeeter for closer shots. ive heard good things about the innova monster but never seen one thrown.

firechicken or champ max is what I use

i have a great overhand shot but im looking to get a little bit more distance. right now i throw a discraft x2 for long shots and a innova skeeter for closer shots. ive heard good things about the innova monster but never seen one thrown.

my monster is prolly only disc i can make work, altho i dont use that shot much, lemme know if you wanna buy a star monster 172 8.5/10

I use a Star Monster as it is my most overstable driver. It works well, but I'll like to try others. There was just a thread on this exact same topic about a week ago.

Thumber disc

I used to use a Champion Wriath. That is not bad. I have started using a Champion Firebird for my thumers and it probably gets me an extra 25 '. It goes straight a lot farther before turning and gliding down.

My champion Boss is getting more thumber distance than anything else I've ever thrown. I also get a real consistent flight out of it as well. The sharp edge kinda tears your hand up though if you throw too many.

My champion Boss is getting more thumber distance than anything else I've ever thrown. I also get a real consistent flight out of it as well. The sharp edge kinda tears your hand up though if you throw too many.

the rim was to fat for me to get a good thumber grip

Firebirds, I've used a 147 champ that worked well and now I use a 175 Star and use it for hyzer shots as well. Works great.

Aerobie Epic. The guy who runs our disc golf club in Watertown, WI has a huge arm and is routinely hitting 400 feet with this disc. It generally flips totally over twice and then flies like a regular backhand shot at the end. It is the craziest thing I have seen a disc do and he does this often.

You know, I need to quit comming to these forums. Got my fiance a Sabre and my 10 YO son a really light Shark (He borrowed his brothers and threw it a good 100' a couple times which is huge for him) then I see this thread and it gets me thinking that I have not tried a Firebird or a 150 class disc for a thumber, so I went ahead and added on a pink 150 champ Firebird for me. (real men are not afraid of pink)

I blame you all for my plastic addiction. :rolleyes:

172g Star Firebird is what I use most of the time. Will also use 171g CE Firebird for slightly different lines.

Latest posts