• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Handicap Events

WillA

Birdie Member
Long ago, circa 1983, I played in a handicap tournament in Louisville. They set your handicap based on your first round score. I'm wondering if anyone has ever heard of this approach and how you would do it.

Long ago, circa 1983, I played in a handicap tournament in Louisville. They set your handicap based on your first round score. I'm wondering if anyone has ever heard of this approach and how you would do it.

We use all of our events (tournies and singles leagues) to establish HC. Many of our tournies offer a trophy for best adjusted score. Our singles league also pays out to best adjusted score so you have to beat yourself each week. HCs are a great way to level the field.

My current HC is 3.6 I think. I can go out and shoot a hot round, but coming in you are always wondering how those 17+HCs did out there

Sounds like a sandbaggers dream. I don't like the idea of handicaps in disc golf unless its a co-Ed tourney or league. So the girls can compete. In ball golf the strokes on a hole can range from 8 to 3. In disc golf it's usually birds or pars and boogies.