• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Hannah Leatherman Star Terns

I see someone else also took part in the McPro Madness last week. :D Very nice looking disc.

Guilty. Yes, and the 'Murica stamp was a bonus on the McAviar. I would've gotten two, but went for the HL Tern instead, and bonus points covered the shipping. Glad I did. Who woulda thunk Hannah Leatherman winning the 2015 USDGC would lead to such awesome Terns!

Guilty. Yes, and the 'Murica stamp was a bonus on the McAviar. I would've gotten two, but went for the HL Tern instead, and bonus points covered the shipping. Glad I did. Who woulda thunk Hannah Leatherman winning the 2015 USDGC would lead to such awesome Terns!
I just hope they keep them in stock. One of my fears is that I am going to fall in love with the Sexton Firebird, McPro Aviar, etc. Then, in the future, I will need to replace some that broke or got lost, whatever, and they won't be there. Fingers crossed.

I just hope they keep them in stock. One of my fears is that I am going to fall in love with the Sexton Firebird, McPro Aviar, etc. Then, in the future, I will need to replace some that broke or got lost, whatever, and they won't be there. Fingers crossed.

I hear ya. I'm hoping that by the time I need new Terns (HL or otherwise), the "next great thing" will come along and I'll get that.

The McAvair is not going to replace the Warden as my in-the-circle putter. I'll probably use it for longer putts, and probably use it with my DX bag and/or windy weather bag for the headwinds. And I have a couple of other McAvairs that I throw, so I'm not really worried about it if they stop making them. I do hope they'll make more, and make McPro Roc3s, but if they don't, I'll live with it. :eek:

Alright, so I caved. I had a bunch of points saved up, so I snagged a HL Tern. I am toying with the DDx but... I dunno. I miss how easy the regular star tern was to throw. In fact, it would still be in there today if it were not quite so finicky. So, here is to the next experiment. :D

Alright, so I caved. I had a bunch of points saved up, so I snagged a HL Tern. I am toying with the DDx but... I dunno. I miss how easy the regular star tern was to throw. In fact, it would still be in there today if it were not quite so finicky. So, here is to the next experiment. :D

Could always pair your ddx with a pro tern, that's what I'm doing right now.

Also, since I'm not throwing star terns I have 4 new and 1 used HL that I'll be listing to sell/trade. Maybe that will snag a couple more ddx for me :)

Could always pair your ddx with a pro tern, that's what I'm doing right now.

Also, since I'm not throwing star terns I have 4 new and 1 used HL that I'll be listing to sell/trade. Maybe that will snag a couple more ddx for me :)
If you are interested in some DDx's, I have a few S line that I have only throw in fields. Maybe we could work something out? Shoot me a PM.

HL Star terns rule. honestly THAT is how a Tern should fly. I have another star and a champ tern and neither are as good as the HL tern. I wish theyd just MAKE the disc like that, also the marbled star look is awesome. i thankfully have 2 HL terns, but......yunno...more

HL Star terns rule. honestly THAT is how a Tern should fly. I have another star and a champ tern and neither are as good as the HL tern. I wish theyd just MAKE the disc like that, also the marbled star look is awesome. i thankfully have 2 HL terns, but......yunno...more

You throw farther than me. So it sounds like your HL Tern is to you what my 167g Star Tern is to me. Both my HL Terns are max wt. 175g, which is fine but not my personal ideal. If they ever make HL Star Terns in the 160-class, I'll be in front of the line to buy.

I use my HL Tern as my "overstable" compliment to the Star Tern. If the wind is beating my face or I need a really reliable fade at the end, the HL Tern will come out, and it will do well for me.

I threw the HL Tern ~500ft last week. It was a bomb. Lined me up for a long shot for eagle, but really it was a position to get a birdie, which I did. It was one of the best looking throws I've ever had. I typically drive 380-420 though, and of course obstacles take a big part. I don't believe distance is as important as accuracy. i'm not the biggest arm, but I can get a disc to bomb if I have the room.

Got to toss my first HL Tern yesterday, it flew great! I didn't take a lot of time to work with it (chasing the sunlight), but it was a touch more stable than my 170 production run star Tern. This is what I expected and what I needed, without sacrificing distance! In the bag it goes!

Got to toss my first HL Tern yesterday, it flew great! I didn't take a lot of time to work with it (chasing the sunlight), but it was a touch more stable than my 170 production run star Tern. This is what I expected and what I needed, without sacrificing distance! In the bag it goes!

:thmbup:

Stamp is fine, but Innova couldn't find any better looking discs than the ones they had pictures for on the Proshop? Usually I get annoyed that they post awesome looking discs and the reality is far worse. Now they can't even be bothered to hide the crappy looking plastic. I guess at least now they are being honest. I love Innova discs, and the Swirly Star and Color Glow feel great, but they can look awful and super hard to find on the course.

Stamp is fine, but Innova couldn't find any better looking discs than the ones they had pictures for on the Proshop? Usually I get annoyed that they post awesome looking discs and the reality is far worse. Now they can't even be bothered to hide the crappy looking plastic. I guess at least now they are being honest. I love Innova discs, and the Swirly Star and Color Glow feel great, but they can look awful and super hard to find on the course.

I always ask for pink,light blue, and orange in the hope I'll get something bright enough to find after I throw it. I've had general good luck doing that, though on occasion "orange" has been more like brown. That's the risk we take when ordering from the Proshop...

Latest posts