• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Happy Thanksgiving

Consult20

* Ace Member *
Just want to wish everyone here a Happy Thanksgiving, safe travels too! And thanks to everyone for all the great posts and info, even those posters who are clearly slightly "understable" :)

And I'd like to give thanks to all my beloved discs, especially those that have somehow landed in the basket from the tee pads. :thmbup:

And to those discs which haven't quite made that epic journey yet, hang in there, your time is coming! (If you don't get lost first)

What are you thankful for?

I'm very thankful for this wonderful online community of disc golf enthusiasts! Without DGCR, I would probably get work done ::shudders at the thought::

Also thankful that ski/snowboard season is starting up. I hope that my fellow shred folks have fun and stay safe out there!

Happy turkey day, ya'll.

I'm extremely thankful for booze.

Oh, and electricity....because that **** is clutch.

Im thankful for robots...said no one ever.

KO_zpstm2rcetm.gif

I'm prematurely thankful for the day someone genetically engineers a turkey with all dark meat! :rolleyes:

Thankful for an activity I love that gets me out of the house and a wife who does not give me too much grief for doing so (let's be honest, she is probably glad for some peace and quiet).

Happy turkey day to all! Sun is out with about 3" new snow:thmbdown: Think I'm going to put on the snowboots and go play a round:p

Happy Turkey Day, Everyone!

Got out early and played a few rounds at the local course with a few guys. Magictenor came off the injured reserve list and played with us as well, welcome back :thmbup:.

BTW, the weather here was nice and sunny with a temp of 60 ish while we played this morning, the temp now is a beautiful 73 degrees :p !

So nice outside here right now that I may have to get off the couch and hit up the practice basket in a bit.

After driving through near-freezing rain for five hours today, I'm thankful to be home safe. We had to have an impromptu Thanksgiving dinner yesterday because everyone wanted to be home before the ice hit.

So if you guys would, enjoy some turkey for me, because I didn't get much.

Just got done playing a few rounds in Excelsior, my aunt and uncle's neighbors have a heavily wooded 9 hole pitch and putt in the woods in their backyard, with PVC tone poles for targets. They gave me and my cousins permission to have at it. The people who built the course are older, I would guess late 50s to early 60s, and they apparently built it for their grandkids, who play it with ultimate discs. The wife was watching us, and asked about the discs we were throwing. She had never seen a golf disc before. I took a few minutes to give her the rundown on the different categories of discs, stability, plastic grades, the basics. And she seemed genuinely interested. I tipped her off on GGGT. I brought a stack of mids with, and my cousin brought a bunch as well, so we had more than enough discs to get some of our cousins and uncles involved in some mids only fun. A lot of the family on my mom's side have some inherent natural talent, many of them have never thrown a disc before and were doing really well, considering the inch of snow on the ground. I have a feeling I turned many people on to the game today.

It's been pouring rain all day in central Wisconsin.

I have two Thanksgiving dinners today so no time for disc golf anyway.

Tomorrow is our club's annual Black Friday mini tournament though, so that will be fun.

Can only use black discs.

Latest posts