• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many courses ARE NOT on DGCourseReview? How many extinct courses still listed?

When I just checked the Udisc app recently, I was looking for courses in Washington state. I found about 20 courses that were not listed on DGCR. A couple on golf courses, a couple private, some small town pitch and putts and about 5-6 "junior" courses. On the far eastern side of the state in the cities of Spokane and Cheney, the parks departments have built about 6 of these junior courses with 3-4-5 holes each as a way to introduce folks to disc golf. It only makes sense to me that if those "junior" courses get enough play, the parks departments might expand them to 9 or even 18's.

So I am currently on a quest to list all these courses as well as get around to play them all. I'm becoming a regular little course discoverer and shutterbug. I actually received my little badge for both. I'm sure that some of my state's course baggers who thought two weeks ago that only needed 12 to complete all of Washington's courses are waking up these days to see they now have 32 new courses to get to.

But when I check the Udisc app for Oregon, I don't find the descrepancy between the two sites. I can only imagine how many Udisc courses there are in a state like California that could be added to DGCR. Iwonder how much extra work I've created for Tim in the last two weeks?

I've run across courses that I had no idea anything about and listed. A few years ago I saw a listing on facebook for a tournament at a course I'd never heard of and found some information about it on that City's website. I didn't know any distances, any details, had no pictures, but I got a response to a FB message to the City that yes it was there and open and they hoped I would come and enjoy it. So I added it to DGCR. I think the only actual useful information I had was the directions off the facebook flyer. I just figured something was better than nothing; you at least would know the course was there if you were in the area, bag at your risk.

That listing has a map and hole distances now, somebody filled in the gaps. I've still never been there.

I've been meaning to do the same...get it listed so people at least know where it is. I'll put up the pictures I have and a link to the website where I found it.

Not....going...to....say.....anything....about....the...misspelling.....:wall::wall::wall:.

It is only the singular word that describes the sport.

Haha, I'm at work and got computers on my brain today friend, hard disk drive platters not plastic ones, don't stress yourself over something inconsequential. Disc disk disq, a spelling bee not gonna help you make a 45 ft putt.

Well, all the Udisk users including me did that. UDisk only provided the basic capability to map it and store it, so it's not really work the app or developer did. I've been to a lot of courses where there was no UDisk map hence mapping it out on my second run-thru.

Onto the topic, I only know one course in my area that's not on UDisk or DGCR so far. It's a small one though, should ask the owner if he wants it listed. It's nice but nobody is really missing out on not bagging that one, it has only one unusual hole out of 9.

1) Thanks for mapping out any course on any app.

2) No one should ever list a private course without the owner's permission. Whether or not to ask the owner before listing shouldn't even be a question.

Once something is on the interwebz, it can be a damn near impossible to eliminate all references to it. Property owners have every right to keep their course as exclusive as they see fit. They shouldn't have to deal with with people they never invited if they never expressly agreed to list their course.

Doesn't matter if it's a pitch-n-putt niner or the best course ever.

Haha, I'm at work and got computers on my brain today friend, hard disk drive platters not plastic ones, don't stress yourself over something inconsequential. Disc disk disq, a spelling bee not gonna help you make a 45 ft putt.

The sport isn't going to be taken seriously by others if we don't take it seriously. Try telling table tennis players they're only playing ping-pong. Or billiards players they're shooting pool.

The sport isn't going to be taken seriously by others if we don't take it seriously. Try telling table tennis players they're only playing ping-pong. Or billiards players they're shooting pool.

I think most people that are serious in those sports recognize they're playing games for a living. They also recognize what it takes to compete and have the privilege of doing so.

Who says we need to take frolf seriously? We're not trying to cure cancer. We (disc golf) have the power to grow how/as we see fit. The destroying of expectations for subscribers for DGPT live coverage proves that. We don't have to be stuffed shirts to gain popularity. We have been growing steadily for over 40 years. I personally want pros that love the game (like Simon), not those that are there to collect their check and roll on to the next spot.

I've been meaning to do the same...get it listed so people at least know where it is. I'll put up the pictures I have and a link to the website where I found it.

So I got it up tonight and was just about to resize my photos. What size should they be?

So I got it up tonight and was just about to resize my photos. What size should they be?

On the upload photos page, click on the link Tim provides to size photos, select photos to size and simply select 50%. It is a great free sizer that does all the work very fast. You don't need to set up an account or register to use it. :thmbup:

On the upload photos page, click on the link Tim provides to size photos, select photos to size and simply select 50%. It is a great free sizer that does all the work very fast. You don't need to set up an account or register to use it. :thmbup:

I used it last night...worked great! I set them to 800X600. Seems a bit small so I'll just do the 50% setting next time.

I found a course in WI the other day that's not on here or Udisc. There are some white veteran baskets in Tourist Park in Readstown (on highway 14).

There was one pole with a map, which implied there were 9 baskets (and it seemed like we should have been able to see them all), but we only found 5. No clue which one was for the tee/pole that had the map.

I'm never going to catch up in WI at this point. But again, good problem to have.