• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many courses ARE NOT on DGCourseReview? How many extinct courses still listed?

Udisc is more accurate at this point. This site is for dinosaurs. Young frolfers ain't on here.

Perhaps. I think it is only beneficial to have several good sources of information. But, be careful about how you speak about us dinosaurs. We may just stop telling anyone about the courses we install, maintain, the tournaments we run and the experiences we have while traveling with our disposable income. :D

Udisc is more accurate at this point. This site is for dinosaurs. Young frolfers ain't on here.

Udiscs course maps are better for sure. That's it imo. It's just a clusterf*** of different sized black baskets on the map. No thanks. And at least around here there's not much difference in the courses listed anyway. It's a secondary tool for me, which is great, but that's all it'll be for me.

Udisc is fairly accurate for navigation and good for score keeping. It is not accurate, imo, for course exploring. Nothing like driving 250 miles to play a 4.3 udisc rated course that's only 9 baskets in a flat lightly wooded field with unmarked tees. My Stihl chainsaw cuts great, but that doesn't mean Im gonna throw my riding lawnmower away.

Udisc is definitely more comprehensive at this point. For that reason I've started cross referencing it when trip planning just to make sure I'm not missing anything. I've come across a couple already along my routes that weren't on here. Of course I've added them on here once I found them. I still like this site way better for trip planning.

I think it would be a real shame if disc golfers moved away from this site. Such a great repository of knowledge. Sure you need to sift through some crap, but my impression is that the ratio of quality to crap here is way better than anywhere else.

This will sound like a broken record to many of you, but...

I'm about hitting the best courses in an area or that fit logistically along my route.

I'm not spending vacation time, as well as money for lodging and gas, and investing hours of drive time to play "Just another course."

I travel for destination courses. Courses that will stand out among those I've played already. Ratings and reviews I feel I can trust matter to me, because I use them to determine which courses to hit, and which to skip given my available time.

I'm not stopping just cuz UDisc sez there's a course that DGCR doesn't list, if I can't be reasonably assured I'll feel it was worth it. Flawed as DGCR's rating may be, they're WAY better than what I've seen on UDisc, and I have a pretty good feel for several reviewers whose opinions I value.

Until someone comes up with better reviews and ratings, DGCR is how I'll continue to plan my trips.

Are there any actual quality courses not on DGCR that anyone's aware of or are we talking about mostly newer, standard park courses? I think there's one about 45 minutes from me not listed on here and that's about it. Besides private courses I mean. Not that I live in a hotbed if disc golf or anything.

This will sound like a broken record to many of you, but...

I'm about hitting the best courses in an area or that fit logistically along my route.

I'm not spending vacation time, as well as money for lodging and gas, and investing hours of drive time to play "Just another course."

I travel for destination courses. Courses that will stand out among those I've played already. Ratings and reviews I feel I can trust matter to me, because I use them to determine which courses to hit, and which to skip given my available time.

I'm not stopping just cuz UDisc sez there's a course that DGCR doesn't list, if I can't be reasonably assured I'll feel it was worth it. Flawed as DGCR's rating may be, they're WAY better than what I've seen on UDisc, and I have a pretty good feel for several reviewers whose opinions I value.

Until someone comes up with better reviews and ratings, DGCR is how I'll continue to plan my trips.

Yup....well put. I cannot agree more strongly.

I just learned about Udisc yesterday from a fellow disc golfer I met on the course. One thing I will admit is Udisc at least has all the courses mapped out for you. I've been to many courses with no maps or no course paths marked and Udisc provides that for you. It helps with the courses for people who aren't regulars. I believe both are useful but when it comes to lay out of courses you can't beat Udisc!

Not all courses on Udisc have maps, but the majority I've played did. That's the only thing I find more useful on there. Ive been using DGCR forever though, so I may be slightly biased.

Are there any actual quality courses not on DGCR that anyone's aware of or are we talking about mostly newer, standard park courses? .

I played one yesterday that definitely needs to be here on DGCR. I was having such a good time playing that I didn't really get the pictures I want, so I plan to go back this week while on vacation to document it better for the site.

A question for those of you who have submitted courses...how do you determine length on a course with multiple tees? I'm assuming long tees?

I played one yesterday that definitely needs to be here on DGCR. I was having such a good time playing that I didn't really get the pictures I want, so I plan to go back this week while on vacation to document it better for the site.

A question for those of you who have submitted courses...how do you determine length on a course with multiple tees? I'm assuming long tees?

I use the scorecards or tee signs to get all the distances. If there are zero signs or scorecards, I leave it blank.

I just learned about Udisc yesterday from a fellow disc golfer I met on the course. One thing I will admit is Udisc at least has all the courses mapped out for you. I've been to many courses with no maps or no course paths marked and Udisc provides that for you.

Well, all the Udisk users including me did that. UDisk only provided the basic capability to map it and store it, so it's not really work the app or developer did. I've been to a lot of courses where there was no UDisk map hence mapping it out on my second run-thru.

Onto the topic, I only know one course in my area that's not on UDisk or DGCR so far. It's a small one though, should ask the owner if he wants it listed. It's nice but nobody is really missing out on not bagging that one, it has only one unusual hole out of 9.

Having just submitted a course, there is under length [____] to [____], I assumed the left side was the shortest length it could be and the right the longest. Since my course only had 1 tee and 1 basket per hole, I put in identical numbers.

In case there are no signs, if you map your course on UDisk, it will tell you distance on each hole. Submit multiple maps. Then use that info here.

I've run across courses that I had no idea anything about and listed. A few years ago I saw a listing on facebook for a tournament at a course I'd never heard of and found some information about it on that City's website. I didn't know any distances, any details, had no pictures, but I got a response to a FB message to the City that yes it was there and open and they hoped I would come and enjoy it. So I added it to DGCR. I think the only actual useful information I had was the directions off the facebook flyer. I just figured something was better than nothing; you at least would know the course was there if you were in the area, bag at your risk.

That listing has a map and hole distances now, somebody filled in the gaps. I've still never been there.

Well, all the Udisk users including me did that. UDisk only provided the basic capability to map it and store it, so it's not really work the app or developer did. I've been to a lot of courses where there was no UDisk map hence mapping it out on my second run-thru.

Onto the topic, I only know one course in my area that's not on UDisk or DGCR so far. It's a small one though, should ask the owner if he wants it listed. It's nice but nobody is really missing out on not bagging that one, it has only one unusual hole out of 9.

Not....going...to....say.....anything....about....the...misspelling.....:wall::wall::wall:.

It is only the singular word that describes the sport.

Latest posts