• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Hard or Soft?

Which is more effective

• Total voters
I use an Omega SS but I picked out ones on the firmer side and a Vibram Sole. I was using KC Pro Aviar but it seemed to bounce out sometimes whereas my softer putters would stick in the chains. I had a Gumbputt once that I used about 2 rounds. It was like throwing a wash rag.

I thought this too. it may be the one downside to the firm putter. but... if you hit the center, it should never bounce out.

Old double ring san marino aviars, for me they are just the right amout of firm but still have a great grip to them. I thought they would beat up real fast but have been pleased so far.

I like it hard, makes it easier to get in the hole.

Things to do Today

1. Make perverted joke *check*

I use soft banger GT and I love what i can do with my puts and approach. Although Im new to the game I have tired the banger GT and didnt like it as much as my soft banger

I felt the same way. eventually you will most likely start craving more stability in the hand. also, if your new, you may want to try a more neutral putter than a banger gt.

No firm but tacky option?

Doesn't everyone want tacky whether it's firm or soft? I've never known anyone to say "yeah it's a nice putter but I want the plastic to be slick" I suppose those guys are out there...but I don't want to know those guys. :D

No firm but tacky option?

This. My Zero Pures are all firm but have a tacky almost rubbery grip. Makes me feel like I am in control of the putt. Then I release the disc and that feeling of control goes away pretty quickly. (stupid sissy putting stroke of mine:wall:)

It's just easier to get a quick, consistent release with a putter that doesn't flex.

^^This

Soft, floppy putters just never felt good in my hand. The flop of the disc is just another variable I feel like I have to account for, so if I can avoid it, I do.

Im in the middle. Ive been putting with an sss wizard for almost 4 years and just got a medium one. Gonna have to do a lot of practicing to see which one is best.

My bad in that case I prefer Hard.

That's what she said.

I know, I know, I'm ashamed of myself too. But seriously, it had to happen sooner or later. I just decided to jump on the grenade myself. Now no one else will do it.

So...you're welcome.

I'm putting with zero pures which are soft but not floppy. I think its the perfect blend of softness and firmness for me