• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hardcore Pawn, disc golfer tries to pawn bag/discs

:doh: Why must people make themselves look so stupid on TV? This was painful to watch. I wanted to smack his idiot buddy upside his stupid head. And what kind of self professed pro can't make that put? :wall::thmbdown::doh:

That show is entirely scripted. My ex and her friends have a horse stable on it and they filmed there for 3 days! The whole 9 yards and even "bought" a horse from them...i say bought cause they purchased it from them on the show but it was only for TV and had to give the money back. The only part of the whole ordeal they showed was when they brought a mini horse into the pawn shop.

I had about 40 Discs stolen out of my truck's toolbox at Hudson Mills in about 1999. I wonder if they ended up getting pawned?

If that guy is going pro, then maybe i'll go pro, too.

You know, just for laughs. :rolleyes:

I feel like any "Touring Pro" Would use a putter for that shot.

I once threw a round with a kid at a DGCR meetup who played ONLY with a champion firebird, even for putting. he really, really sucked too. Couldn't figure out why he had a backpack with him for the life of me.

That dude had a nice shirt too. I don't think he was that bad though.

dude's mumbly sidekick with the popped collar makes me want to punch something. Good thing all 6 of that show's viewers are pets with the tv left on for company.

dude's mumbly sidekick with the popped collar makes me want to punch something. Good thing all 6 of that show's viewers are pets with the tv left on for company.

I would rather leave Lifetime on for my dog all day than to make him suffer through TruTV for one minute.

Three thoughts about that lot now that I've seen the picture:

1. None of my discs are in that good of condition except for my backups that haven't seen the air yet.

2. I didn't know that we inked our discs for metal hits. I've got some "chain out" and "basket hit" discs to write on.

3. This ties in with both 1 & 2. That dude must be good if he hit the basket and an ace with the same disc in two throws... Because that disc looks mint, meaning that he only threw it twice before trying to pawn it. Or he stole a bunch of brand new discs and tried to pawn them...

Just watched that. I think those two played the Cross Creek tournament a while back at Mt Airy NC. I think they were the one that during doubles wrote down +1/-1 etc for their scores as opposed to how many strokes they actually shot, which almost turned into a fist fight. Luckly they corrected their scores,kinda. Chuck still called the kid with the popped collar a sandbagger which was pretty funny.
The other thing was that kid kept going on and on about whether or not to ask Barry Shultz to sign his disc. Which of course also annoyed Chuck and the rest of us.

If Barry Schultz had signed that disc, then that disc ended up on Pawn Stars, then that episode aired... DISC GOLF WOULD BE HUUUUGE right now

so, way to go autograph uncaring dude. for keeping DG down.

Latest posts