• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hardest shot to master?

For me it is using that very overstable disc (Demon) on a mid to long hole, throwing it on an anhyzer line and letting it fade back to the left at the end.

If anyone out there can give suggestions, let me know.

The hardest shot for me to master is forehand. I'm a natural RHBH. I am ok with thumbers/tomahawks, but don't use them very often so they'd be second on my hardest to master shots.

Definately aces. If I could ace every hole, I'd probably win a lot.

of all the basic shots, I would say an Anhyzer shot is the hardest. sure, almost all of us can get a disc to anhyzer, but getting it to end in consistently the same way is really tough, especially when throwing for distance. if you let the disc go at just a little different angle, that will probably result in the disc going left or right more or less than intended. If you let it go with too much angle, that will also probably make the disc drop to the ground much quicker than intended. This might result in a roller, or just a huge loss of distance. And that's not really taking into account the height at which you can throw the disc at. it just seems that straight shots and hyzers are much, much better shots.

Of all the particular types of throws, I still don't feel comfortable throwing a thumber. From my ultimate background, I can throw a lot of different shots well, such as forehand, backhand, tomahawks, rollers (although I don't use those in Ultimate much). I am even comfortable throwing a forehand roller. But the Thumber just feels weird in my hand. I just don't like it.

I don't know what the hardest is, but one I find difficult is to throw a long putt (say 35-60 feet) and giving it a chance to go in while still keeping it close enough to have a gimme if you miss. I've been using a high, lofting anhyzer putt that dies out and hyzers near the basket for these, and usually have an easy comeback putt, but I rarely get one in. There must be a better way.

I can make that shot blindfolded!!

so i was just thinking, has anyone ever played a full round blindfolded(drives only/ putting would be ridiculous)?

me and a couple friends tried it out the other day and suprisingly i didnt do as bad as i thought i would....i guess i play this course too much,as i was only 4 strokes off my avg...lol...

The hardest shot for me to master is forehand. I'm a natural RHBH. I am ok with thumbers/tomahawks, but don't use them very often so they'd be second on my hardest to master shots.

Second that!, but I think different people struggle with different things. I can't throw a forehand at all, I'm horrible at it, but I love throwing the anhyzer. That is one of my favorite shots to throw.

Last edited:
For me it is anhyser, I can get to start anhyser but it always falls back, maybe I'm not holding my tongue right?:confused:

Last edited:
of all the basic shots, I would say an Anhyzer shot is the hardest. sure, almost all of us can get a disc to anhyzer, but getting it to end in consistently the same way is really tough, especially when throwing for distance. if you let the disc go at just a little different angle, that will probably result in the disc going left or right more or less than intended. If you let it go with too much angle, that will also probably make the disc drop to the ground much quicker than intended. This might result in a roller, or just a huge loss of distance. And that's not really taking into account the height at which you can throw the disc at. it just seems that straight shots and hyzers are much, much better shots.

My name is Midnightbiker, and I support this message.