• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vs.] Harp vs Zone

Harp or Zone

• Harp

Votes: 107 34.5%
  • Zone

Votes: 171 55.2%
  • Both

Votes: 32 10.3%

• Total voters
Neither really resonated with me but the R Pro Pig works great. Also the new Tar Pit Stego I just picked up has been an absolute joy for spike hyzer a I want to splat into a puddle on contact.

Sorry for the thread drift, I can't stop myself.

Have you thrown a BT Soft? I agree with you on the medium and hard, but the soft ones typically puddle top with dings and it magically makes them hold stability. I have both a TP and a VIP and I think TP is also well OS, but the soft ones have some wizardry.

I generally don't like softer plastics, like the BT Soft, GStar, and Discraft's X plastic, so while I may try a softer disc here and there, I tend to not buy them.

More to your question: I have a couple of BT Hard and TP Harps, and a VIP one somewhere that I never used much. So I'll take your word about the performance of the BT Softs.

I generally don't like softer plastics, like the BT Soft, GStar, and Discraft's X plastic, so while I may try a softer disc here and there, I tend to not buy them.

More to your question: I have a couple of BT Hard and TP Harps, and a VIP one somewhere that I never used much. So I'll take your word about the performance of the BT Softs.

I don't have a Harp or Zone, but my soft Suspect is quite a bit more os than my other Suspects. Coincidence? Probably.

Neither. I would go with a Classic ROC if they made the disc in a plastic other then Star as well, I want a disc mold I can use for wind putting as well as a driving putter/approach. I went with the Shark in 2014 for the Approach to very short midrange slot as well as driving putter slot having used an old DX for long long approach shots in the 2000's just using a non deep Wizard for approach at the time. Currently I have a Star and a Pro in my bag with back up Star when 2019 the oop mold was getting hard to find at 175 grams +/-- 2 grams. I have now 2 backup star and a messed up almost G-Star Shark at the weights I want, the Almost G-Star will be a replacement for the Pro Shark when that disc goes from nearly neutral to a true US.

Last edited:
All the ones you mentioned serve a different purpose. The Harp and Zone are better for forehands, late fading shots, flex lines and spike approaches.

Classic Roc and Shark are much straighter and don't manipulate on the same lines. The grips are not ideal for FH either.

I will stick with the Harp here.

All the ones you mentioned serve a different purpose. The Harp and Zone are better for forehands, late fading shots, flex lines and spike approaches.

Classic Roc and Shark are much straighter and don't manipulate on the same lines. The grips are not ideal for FH either.

I will stick with the Harp here.

No but the Cassic ROC and Shark both when thrown slower for approach shots will hook up for late fade shots on an apporach and the Shark will do for some shots a flex line if thrown with a little anyhzer the way a Harp/Zone is done. If I had to chose a disc like the Harp/Zone it would be a Sinus as those are a Pig type flight yet have better feel in the hands, not as deep.

My BT soft harp looked like a dog ate it, and still maintained the stability like day 1.

What is it about the BT Soft plastic that makes them look so ugly so fast? Seems like it warps and absorbs dirt or something. Not that it affects the flight, thankfully

Maybe we should reset this poll to include a couple others that have come out in this class?

I think the AviarX3, maybe the P3X, the razorclaw, and the A1 (or 2) can fit this category (somewhat fast overstable putters that still have a little glide to them).

Personally, although discs like the rhybo or pig may serve the same kind of purpose, they are built so differently!

My two cents. Zone ftw, either way.

True! I guess a general consensus, is what I'm curious about.

They're both excellent molds. I found that the Zone is a bit more reliably overstable than the Harp when thrown hard. But not unlike putters, it's going to come down to each individual's personal preferences in feel and flight, and what they need and bag it for.

I've played predominantly RHBH since I started playing and (for me) I preferred the Harp.

Now, having said that, I am finally working a forehand shot into my game. While it's still a small part of my game and is still a work in progress, I find I much prefer the feel and flight of the Zone for a forehand shot.

Currently I actually bag one of each but am likely going to pull the Harp out and rely on the Zone for forehand and backhand duties.

My long journey for an OS putter slo filler has come to end likely after finding Zone. I've tried Aviar3, AviarX3, Pig, Harp. Zone has the best feel in my hand both FH and BH. And it seems to be so overstable I can really trust it not to flip and rely on fade :clap:

Maybe we should reset this poll to include a couple others that have come out in this class?

I think the AviarX3, maybe the P3X, the razorclaw, and the A1 (or 2) can fit this category (somewhat fast overstable putters that still have a little glide to them).

Personally, although discs like the rhybo or pig may serve the same kind of purpose, they are built so differently!

My two cents. Zone ftw, either way.

What is a Rhybo? Is that a Rhyno in a special run that KJ Nybo uses? :D

Have you thrown a BT Soft? I agree with you on the medium and hard, but the soft ones typically puddle top with dings and it magically makes them hold stability. I have both a TP and a VIP and I think TP is also well OS, but the soft ones have some wizardry.

How about the Moonshine or Hybrid plastics?

How about the Moonshine or Hybrid plastics?

Moonshine is very OS, but pretty hard to find at times. There was a run of gummy blue moonshine that IMO is the most OS Harp, but it's so rare that it's probably not worth bringing up.

Don't know about hybrid, I've not seen one in the wild yet.

Moonshine is very OS, but pretty hard to find at times. There was a run of gummy blue moonshine that IMO is the most OS Harp, but it's so rare that it's probably not worth bringing up.

Don't know about hybrid, I've not seen one in the wild yet.

I own one of each, and currently bag the MS, however I know that once MS beats it, it loses a lot of its stability, but its still noticeably more OS than the BT Hard one I have

What is it about the BT Soft plastic that makes them look so ugly so fast? Seems like it warps and absorbs dirt or something. Not that it affects the flight, thankfully

Not sure, but just pulling it out of the bag seems to leave a blemish. I am only into throwers so it didn't bother me, but it's definitely a peculiar plastic blend

Latest posts