• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] Has anyone thrown the breaker?

like it a lot as a hard throwing driving putter mostly. Medium depth, bead, flat top and a decent amount of stability. Forehands pretty good for me too.

I do not bag it at this time due to minimalism and a dx roc covering this slot. A couple in my practice pile get throws regularly.

Love the breaker. Starts out fairly overstable. If you get a Pro D, it beats in very similar to a Roc - loses the fade, keeps the HSS becomes a laserbeam. Right now I bag one all the time for all OS putting duties and flick approaches.

One of my favorite molds I don't bag. Shallow Rhyno without the thumb track (unless you opt for the Ringer GT). Plenty of similar Trilogy discs came out a year or two after this one. If Ricky had been sponsored by DGA everyone would be throwing the Breaker over the Harp.

Between the Breaker and the Ringer (pretty much the same mold), plenty of plastic options and stabilities.

Breaker is a great mold. I throw GLO and SP. Like a mini-Zone. Plenty of HSS, without being a meathook. If you are looking for glide, this is not the disc for you. Goes where you throw it and not an inch further.

Like a mini-Zone

this is very interesting to me. I have kind of been looking for something between, say, a rhino and a zone for FH approaches. The zone works, but I have to compensate a lot for the fade. I've been using an ESP banger GT, but that is a little too glidey in windy conditions. Might have to order one and try it out.

Really good disc. I use mine basically interchangeably with my Envy. My 1st run pro-line Breaker is still really HSS and just lost a bunch of fade. My SP Breaker is really HSS and LSS but Zone-lite is still apt. These doubled as OS mids in my bag for a long time b/c they're not flippy and glide decently (compared to a Rhyno at least).

Flies like a slightly more OS rhyno, I actually bag both. Rhyno for backhands, but the thinner profile of the breaker just fits my hand perfectly for flicks. If you like to forehand slower discs definitely give it a try. Idk what it is but for some reason flicking a breaker specifically is my most accurate shot.

I have a proline that is later straight with almost all LSS warm out. And a SP line that is pretty much new. I combine them with a Zone or challenger in my approach spots depending on the course

Inbounds have the BREAKER at 47% NET

The RINGER GT at 55% . . same as ZONE . .. and the CHIEF OS at 45%

My feeling is that those numbers are way of. . The Ringer GT is not as OS as the ZONE

. . .And if that 47% NET for the BREAKER is correct. that is to close to the ZONE for me . .. i was hoping that the BREAKER would be close to the ENVY in stability

The ringer has id say about 15-20% less LSS than a zone. I have thrown breaker in 2 plastics and zones in 3. For what it's worth I bag both the Zone is for FH almost exclusively

I am really digging the Ringers... I putt with the X-Soft GT. Use a Z-FLX GT for some approaches.... Also have a Z Ringer (Ledgestone) and a Breaker (SP?) that I put in when the mood strikes. I haven't played around with all the varieties enough yet to know which I prefer, other than the X-Soft for actual putting. I'll get it all sorted out over the next few months I think.

. . .And if that 47% NET for the BREAKER is correct. that is to close to the ZONE for me . .. i was hoping that the BREAKER would be close to the ENVY in stability

Breaker is definitely more overstable than an Envy, though the Breaker is what kicked the Envy out of my bag.
Seriously try a D Breaker - they're like $8 - let one season into the straight phase. Obviously Pro D is terrible and it won't last there long enough, but frozen ropes all day. Pro D also starts a little less stable and closer to an Envy

Breaker is definitely more overstable than an Envy, though the Breaker is what kicked the Envy out of my bag.
Seriously try a D Breaker - they're like $8 - let one season into the straight phase. Obviously Pro D is terrible and it won't last there long enough, but frozen ropes all day. Pro D also starts a little less stable and closer to an Envy

The price of the disc is nothing to the shipping/customs/VAT to Sweden

But i now have a SP, pro line, Flex line and SB Breaker on the way

I am looking at it and wondered what everyone's thought on it is.

I bag a SP Flex Breaker. lt's a great wind fighting putt and approach disc. It holds its line well off the tee into a headwind, but it's not as OS or skippy as the Zone, which makes it more useful for me, especially in the woods. The Proline is straighter, but I went to SP after the PL developed a bit of turn.

If Ricky had been sponsored by DGA everyone would be throwing the Breaker over the Harp.

No doubt. But for clarification, the VIP Harp is a bit more OS than a SP Breaker. Not by much tho

the thinner profile of the breaker just fits my hand perfectly for flicks. If you like to forehand slower discs definitely give it a try. Idk what it is but for some reason flicking a breaker specifically is my most accurate shot.

Totally agree. I'm pretty much an emergency only flicker, but I'm surgical with the SP Breaker on FH approaches

Breaker vs chief OS vs Ringer GT Anyone?

I've only compared the SP Breaker with a Ledgestone Z Ringer. The Ringer was a tad less OS. It flew more like the Proline Breaker.